AVIC411.com

NEX 8000 HD radio

I notice that a station will be playing HD, but then it goes to non HD, and then will play back in HD, and the quality is signficantly different so I can hear it everytime it changes. What the best setting for the radio? Can i turn of the hd radio and use the regualr channels?

Thanks,

Where in the menu? I could not find it in  the manual. When I was drving yesterday on the freeway, it felt like each city i pass the signal would change. It keeps going back and forward and back and forward. I can hear the changes everytime.

Thanks,

Yes, look at the book that came with the system. p.83 - Called blending.

I notice that a station will be playing HD, but then it goes to non HD, and then will play back in HD, and the quality is signficantly different so I can hear it everytime it changes. What the best setting for the radio? Can i turn of the hd radio and use the regualr channels?

Thanks,

That's the trouble with HD radio. It's very line of sight and isn't good for much beyond 30 to 40 miles or so from the station's antenna.