AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 bluetooth problems!

JCcool, I heard that the PPC6700 (the predecessor to the 8525) had problems with the btb100 adapter on all the other pioneer navis, so I figured there would be problems for the 8525 / XV6800 / Titan. If you're going to stick with Pioneer bluetooth I recommend ditching the btb100 and waiting for the btb200 to come out in April/May, I think that will be a lot better in the compatibility. Otherwise, like the guy before me said, get another brand adapter.

Now that the hack is known, and we're grounding the mute wire. Does this mean the D3 won't mute when a call comes in on bluetooth?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the bluetooth adapter connection doesn't need that mute lead, so grounding the mute wire won't affect the av muting feature.

Here's what the install manual (page 10) says about the mute lead on the rca cable:

"If you use an equipment with mute function, connect that

equipment to the Audio Mute lead. If not, keep the Audio Mute

lead free of any connections."

The bluetooth adapter doesn't need that audio mute lead though since it uses the IP-BUS connection, so no it won't affect that muting feature.

Here's what the install manual (page 10) says about the mute lead on the rca cable:

"If you use an equipment with mute function, connect that

equipment to the Audio Mute lead. If not, keep the Audio Mute

lead free of any connections."

The bluetooth adapter doesn't need that audio mute lead though since it uses the IP-BUS connection, so no it won't affect that muting feature.

That's the info I was looking for, but didn't have a manual :D

Thanks!

the bluetooth piece you are using is not 100% compatable with the d3. you have to wait for the new units to come out.

Thats wrong. The BTB100 is 100% compatible with the D3. The only difference between the 100 and 200 is that the 200 has updates for newer phones.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and the BTB100 is 100% compatible.

I could not get my cell phone to transfer the phone book, all other functions worked no problem (samsung synA707).

The reason there are problems is the bluetooth protocol called:

Object push / pull profile.

My phone does not have "pull" profile so the Nav unit can not get my info. However if you take your phone book entries and make them bluetooth enabled, you can "push" or send the entries.

In my phone under settings -> bluetooth connectivity -> bluetooth services - it should list what your phone is capable of. Mine only states the "push profile"

I am trying this after work today and will post later.

Hope this helps.

Burn

The BTB100 works fine with my D3. I use it with a cingular Razr and cingular L6. I had to send the contacts one at a time, but an hour in traffic took care of that little project. I would recommend lowering your phone volume to half way or less before the first time you sync it up. If you have it at full blast, you may have echo problems

This is gonna be messy, hope you can follow.

First, connect the phone by either initiating contact through the nav or phone, it doesn't matter as long as they see eachother. Then go to phone register and you will see there are five spots for phones (1,2,3,G,G.) While sync'd with a phone, press and hold spot 1 and it will put that phone in location 1 (like you were setting a radio preset--press and hold.) Once you have a phone in that location, the phonebook transfer button in the function menu will go from grey to black. Press it. It will unpair the phone from the deck. Then go into your phonebook on the phone. Find the contact you want to send over. For example Alex 555-555-5555. Hit the menu key on the phone and it should have an option to 'SEND' or 'SHARE PHONEBOOK ENTRY' or something similar to that. Select that--It will ask where you want to send it. You can select 'LOOK FOR DEVICES' or just select 'PIONEER BT UNIT' if its already listed. It will then send that contact and you can see on the screen of the D3 it will say completed. You have to do that for each contact, but once you get the key sequence down for your phone, they go real fast. Once they are all in there, you can access them through the phone book, and set up six preset numbers that are accessible like radio presets. Hope that makes some sense. I set up both my phones in there with hundreds of contacts with no issues except it took some time while sitting in traffic

what are the steps you took to transfer you contacts individually. Mine still do not sync over?

What nav functions and what phone functions?

Thanks,

Burn