AVIC411.com

4000NEX w/7000NEX GPS?

Hey all, I had my 7000NEX installed on Thursday; then on Saturday my car was broken into and the stereo stolen.  They only stole the stereo, none of the plug-ins.  Now that I'm working with my insurance company on replacing things, I'm hesitant to get another 7000, since the faceplate isn't removable.  With the GPS unit still installed from my 7000, can I hook that up to a 4000 unit, and get the navigation features, or is the adapter different from one unit to the other?

Thanks!

Hey all, I had my 7000NEX installed on Thursday; then on Saturday my car was broken into and the stereo stolen.  They only stole the stereo, none of the plug-ins.  Now that I'm working with my insurance company on replacing things, I'm hesitant to get another 7000, since the faceplate isn't removable.  With the GPS unit still installed from my 7000, can I hook that up to a 4000 unit, and get the navigation features, or is the adapter different from one unit to the other?

Thanks!

What the thieves left you was only the antenna. If you're going to go the 4000 route, joemamma is correct that you'll need the U260 module. The antenna is the same for both units.

You are welcome. Good luck with the reinstalling a new stereo! I'm actually very glad I got the 4000, if only for the removable faceplate.

I'll be replacing my 7000 with a 4000, if only for the peace of mind that comes with the removable faceplate.  I'm still debating on the U260 unit.

If you want to stick with the 7000, since I hear the 4000 nav isn't as great due to how it works, think about this thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Faceplate-Security-Dummy-Panel-Double-Din-In-Car-Stereo-/150701595678

It's a dummy faceplate. You put it in front of your 7000. Makes it look like a crummy stock radio. Hopefully that will help keep thieves at bay.