AVIC411.com

AppRadio 2 with standard 30 pin iPods not working

Hello,

I have an AppRadio 2 and a couple of old iPod with 30 pin connector (an iPod Nano, the square form like a classic; an iPod photo 40 Gb and an iPod touch first gen). 

I've tried connecting them to the App Radio using the standard 30 pin connector cable provided with the unit. I was hoping they will show in the iPod app on the main menu just to play music in the car. But they don't.

Does the AppRadio require some recent version of iPod to work, or it work just with iPhone and such?

I have updated the firmware to make it work for the iPhone 5s, but I can't see that this will bloc the iPod function.

Any help?

OK, that was it. It took a few attempts to make it work tho, but now when I turn the car on, I have constant music coming from my iPod. It is like having a CD full of MP3, except that it is an iPod where I can change the music without burning another CD. I have the model without CD anyway :)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do this as well but I'm not sure about the 3 steps above.  I have disconnected my iPhone 5, turned the bluetooth on it off but what does it mean by "Select source off"?  I still have yet to get my iPod Classic to connect.

Plus, if you have to turn your bluetooth off while you use the iPod, doesn't that kill your hands free phone access?  Seems like they should be able to make both of these work simultaneously.

I'm trying to do this as well but I'm not sure about the 3 steps above. I have disconnected my iPhone 5, turned the bluetooth on it off but what does it mean by "Select source off"? I still have yet to get my iPod Classic to connect.

Plus, if you have to turn your bluetooth off while you use the iPod, doesn't that kill your hands free phone access? Seems like they should be able to make both of these work simultaneously.

No worry, your phone hand free will work just fine. The thing is that to change the option shown in the picture, your iPhone must not be connected to the app radio via BT. If it is connected, the device won't allow you to change mode.

So basically, turn BT off on your iPhone and disconnect it from the head unit. Change the parameter, plug your iPod, and turn your iPhone BT back on and both hands free and the iPod will work.

• 2 months later...

OK, that was it. It took a few attempts to make it work tho, but now when I turn the car on, I have constant music coming from my iPod. It is like having a CD full of MP3, except that it is an iPod where I can change the music without burning another CD. I have the model without CD anyway :)

Thanks

I wanted to buy an ipod nano 3Gen, in your work?

But the iPod is charging connected with 30pin? (USB is connected to the adapter digital AV)