AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys - this may be another dumb newbie question..but I have to ask (before I destroy something like I usually do):

Do I forcefully pull out the MUTE wire from the harness...and then just stick it into the slot above it. I tugged on it a little bit, but it didn't seem to want to pull away...so i stopped.

Thanks for any and all guidance :)

No!!!!!!!!!! Dont rip it out. Use a small eyeglass screw driver or something and poke the metal tab sticking up. That tab on the crimp is what is keeping it in. Poke that down and it should be pretty easy to pull out that wire.

sorry this may sound dumb, what what does it mean by "ground"?

Also so there are 2 things that need to be ground? the yellow black wire will be taken out and put in the top empty hole, and the other end of the wire put to the "ground" and also the hand brake?

sorry im a complete noob, please put me into the right place heh

hey guys...got a question

i just spoke to an installer round my way...so far, he has given me the best pricing..200 or so. which beats 350. so..my problem is that he said there is no bypass for the d3 yet. he said that he just put one in his own and he has tried everything and it did not work.

at 1st, i did not believe him because i told him about you guys and i asked him what he did. and he told me he took the wire and stuck it in the empty slot right above it and it seemed like that is what you guys have been talking about. and he said that it did not work. he would love to do it to his, but he said there is nothing to bypass it yet.

can you guys give me a more detailed step by step breakdown for the bypass so i can show him or even guide him (god forbid) on how to do this.

he wants to do it for his own unit too. please help!! and since im cartechretarded, i duno how to explain it to him.

Ask him if he grounded the wire in the open pin hole AND the light green parking brake wire. If it still doesn't work, find someone who knows what they are doing

hey guys...got a question

i just spoke to an installer round my way...so far, he has given me the best pricing..200 or so. which beats 350. so..my problem is that he said there is no bypass for the d3 yet. he said that he just put one in his own and he has tried everything and it did not work.

at 1st, i did not believe him because i told him about you guys and i asked him what he did. and he told me he took the wire and stuck it in the empty slot right above it and it seemed like that is what you guys have been talking about. and he said that it did not work. he would love to do it to his, but he said there is nothing to bypass it yet.

can you guys give me a more detailed step by step breakdown for the bypass so i can show him or even guide him (god forbid) on how to do this.

he wants to do it for his own unit too. please help!! and since im cartechretarded, i duno how to explain it to him.