AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

my bypass didn't work, mostly because my connection wasn't good. Now though I have a really tight squeeze and my mute wire looks like its in bad shape. Is it possible to put a new end on it to insert into the harness, or twist it or something? Or am I just screwed. I don't really wanna open the dash up again, but I want this thing to work. Clip up or down when inserting into harness?

Dan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buy a new pin and put it on, or go to a car audio shop and see if they have an extra similar Pioneer harness and use one of the wires from it

my bypass didn't work, mostly because my connection wasn't good. Now though I have a really tight squeeze and my mute wire looks like its in bad shape. Is it possible to put a new end on it to insert into the harness, or twist it or something? Or am I just screwed. I don't really wanna open the dash up again, but I want this thing to work. Clip up or down when inserting into harness?

Dan

hey guys,

i accidently screwed up on the bypass... i know i know, how could you... but i did.

i accidently fudged up the mute wire ring terminal. i had a hard time getting it out and a even harder time getting it in to the slot above. so now the tiny metal terminal on the end of the mute wire is really messed up. i'm not even sure if it works...

well question is, do you know where i can find another rca cable? i don't want to get it online. so hopefully a store locally or even better, do you know where i can just buy those little metal terminals.

thanks a lot.

i know the guy above is selling pins, which is what i need. if there isn't any available in stores, then i might go to him, depending on how fast he ships.

I can confirm that this indeed works on my new D3. Just bought it this week, and installed myself that night. Threw me for a loop, as I bought mine as an open box from Best Buy, in which the mod was *already done* on the mute wire pin within the harness; the picture saved me from moving the pin from the already-modded position back to the factory un-modded position- Thanks, and I love it!!! Placed a hidden but accessible switch under the steering wheel/dash for the parking brake wire, just in case I get pulled over and have to prove to the cops that the video is still suppressed when put in gear. Muhahaahaaa...

• 1 month later...
An elementary question:

Where does one find all of these wires/pins and the white plastic piece they are connected to? Do I need to remove the stereo from the dash?

Thanks a bunch!

OK, I saw the flash presentation -very helpful! NOW my question is how do I remove the D3 from my dash so as to expose the wiring piece?

Thanks again!

(I have tried the 'search' function on the forum without success)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, time for my question. I had mine installed yesterday and informed the installer of the by-pass and he did it for me, however, when driving above 10mph it reverts back.

Say you get above 10mph, the Nav route options become disabled (as if the parking brake were not set) and if a DVD is playing the image will go away and you get the "warning" message.

Any ideas on what I could tell the installer to do or not do to fix it?

My install of course is a D3 in a '04 Tahoe with OnStar and Bose.

OK, time for my question. I had mine installed yesterday and informed the installer of the by-pass and he did it for me, however, when driving above 10mph it reverts back.

Say you get above 10mph, the Nav route options become disabled (as if the parking brake were not set) and if a DVD is playing the image will go away and you get the "warning" message.

Any ideas on what I could tell the installer to do or not do to fix it?

My install of course is a D3 in a '04 Tahoe with OnStar and Bose.

sounds like the mute wire is either loose or was done incorrectly. make sure its in the right slot and that its secured in and if thats all right then try resetting