AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually, its a regular occurrence on ebay to see people sell the bypass. I remember some guy selling the Z1/Nx/Dx bypasses on ebay. The information he sent was an exact copy of what was posted on here. I messaged him saying how much of a douche he was to sell the information found on avic411, and let's just say he didn't respond with a PG message.

OK, I've got to ask.

What functionality is lost by removing the mute wire from its original location? If there is functionality lost, wouldn't it be better to add a new wire to the above location and ground it out with the parking brake?

TIA

Okay the bypass works for me too.

Only thing is, now my car disables the controls if the car is in motion. After driving about a 1/4 mile I got a screen from the unit saying it detected that the parking brake wire was improperly disconnected. Then I noticed the navi search controls were disabled. The second I stopped at a traffic light they came back and then as soon as I started moving again they went away again.

No functionality is lost unless you are using another brands equipment that needs to mute the stereo. For example, those old car kits that had the phone laying in a cradle next to the console. Those needed that wire to tell the stereo to shut up when the phone rings. Applications that use that wire are very rare now

OK, I've got to ask.

What functionality is lost by removing the mute wire from its original location? If there is functionality lost, wouldn't it be better to add a new wire to the above location and ground it out with the parking brake?

TIA