AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they have done something to prevent the bypass now, or at least made it a little harder to bypass. I know all of my connections are correct. I have done the bypass many times, working for a car electronics company, yet I just recieved my own brand new 07 unit and it is not bypassing. It works fine until I start driving. When the unit senses im driving it says the parking brake is improperly connected and grey's out the address search feature, and video.

I think they have done something to prevent the bypass now, or at least made it a little harder to bypass. I know all of my connections are correct. I have done the bypass many times, working for a car electronics company, yet I just recieved my own brand new 07 unit and it is not bypassing. It works fine until I start driving. When the unit senses im driving it says the parking brake is improperly connected and grey's out the address search feature, and video.

I just had mine installed yesterday and it worked

I work for a pioneer dealer, and got one shipped directly to me from Pioneer. I think it may just be the newest units coming out are having this problem, I have read through some posts and it sounds like im not the only one having this problem. Believe me I installed one last week into an FJ Cruiser and the bypass worked fine.

I work for a pioneer dealer, and got one shipped directly to me from Pioneer. I think it may just be the newest units coming out are having this problem, I have read through some posts and it sounds like im not the only one having this problem. Believe me I installed one last week into an FJ Cruiser and the bypass worked fine.

It will have a date on the box. My new one was date July 07

First off, this board is mad helpful. However, I have a question.

Just bought a d3 and plan on installing it this weekend, already changed the mute wire. I was wondering if you guys popped that red cap off of the parking brake wire to ground it. I've read through a few pages and have not seen that in particular answered. Thanks.

Just wanted to say this forum was very helpful. I bought this system and planned on putting it in myself. I had no idea what I was doing do to the fact I have never done anything like this before. I know have the unit installed, with the ipod connector and everything works perfect. Also I have the bypass working and had no problems setting it up and I still have had no problems. I do not have the reverse signal nor the vehicle signal hooked up. Great product!!!

Thanx to everyone who has shared their experiences and expertise on here. I purchased a avicd3 and the xm add on unit off of ebay a couple weeks ago and then printed the instructions and pictures off this site for the bypass. My "professional" installer agreed to do the bypass after I moved the mute wire myself, he basically just grounded the wires for me. The bypass works great!! I am from a "remote" area where there is lots of highway and very few vehicles so i'm able to enjoy the Simpsons while i travel now, lol

The XM unit was also installed at a dealers and they fucked up causing me to not receive any audio from the unit until i read on here that it might have been caused by putting a wire in the XM unit in the wrong place, I checked myself opened my dash up and sure enough, they screwed up. It wouldn't have been so bad had they not kept me waiting in their shop the previous day for an extra 4 hours while they dicked around, tried different wires/units to see if they could get audio out of the XM. I can't believe they never thought to see if the they had the output wire in the right spot - idiots!

I have a question about the VSS wire though... they hooked this up for me and at first my bypass did not work, so on a hunch seeing as how this is one way the avicd3 can check movement, I just disconnected it and presto the bypass worked great. So about the VSS wire;

1. Is there a way to hook up the VSS and have they bypass work?

2. Does the VSS affect any of the GPS functions or capabilities if i leave it unhooked?

Thanx to anyone who has any ideas or knowledge of the subject. This forum is really very helpful and a great place to share.