AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Follow the instructions on the first page of this thread. Ground the light green parking brake wire of the D3

Mine wont work with out the e-brake on. I found a wire from the avic that the dealer attached to what i think is a senser on the e-brake.

Can i just cut it?

Im having the d3 installed on tuesday. I want the bypass so I can change my nav destinations without stopping. I already know the place installing it will not byass for me. If I move the yellow/black wire myself and then bring it in for installation, will they still ground it correctly so the system works?

Who knows? Why don't you ask them

Im having the d3 installed on tuesday. I want the bypass so I can change my nav destinations without stopping. I already know the place installing it will not byass for me. If I move the yellow/black wire myself and then bring it in for installation, will they still ground it correctly so the system works?

I feel by asking them, then they know they will know they are doing the illegal bypass that has gotten people sued before, hence taking me back to square one. I guess i really meant is that wire going to be grounded anyways. If it is, then I can just let them go on with the install and figure out how to take the head unit out and move the plug up, right?

Who knows? Why don't you ask them

I know everyone has had a million questions in regard to this post, but I still want to be sure I do it right.

I have a '04 Chevy Silverado. I bought the D3X from crutchfield and they are sending my a harness for my specific vehicle. So the question is:

Does the bypass work with the D3X?

And also with the harness I am getting that matches my car, can I just wire tap or twist the 2 wires (yellow/black and green) to the ground and let the factory harness do the rest?

And when I attach them, can I just cut a piece of insulation off the wire, wrap the other 2 around and tape them off?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dan

The D3X is a D3 with extras, bluetooth, ipod adapter. Everything about the bypass works with all D3's. Yes you can twist the wires together and ground them through the factory harness. I would highly recommend a better method though, like soldering or using terminals and crimp them on. Twisting only works for house wiring that never moves.

Installed the D3 in my 08 Ram. The bypass worked great, able to watch movies and change nav on the fly. Just one question. I understand that the mute wire must be moved to complete the bypass, but can anyone explain why this bypass works? What is the pin that the mute wire is moved to and why when grounded in conjunction with the parking brake wire does it allow the bypass? Just curious...... Thanks for all the helpfull info and the great post.

Installed the D3 in my 08 Ram. The bypass worked great, able to watch movies and change nav on the fly. Just one question. I understand that the mute wire must be moved to complete the bypass, but can anyone explain why this bypass works? What is the pin that the mute wire is moved to and why when grounded in conjunction with the parking brake wire does it allow the bypass? Just curious...... Thanks for all the helpfull info and the great post.

It works because grounding that pin enables a special diagnostic mode. Enabling it seems to bypass the motion checks, so the grounded e-brake can unlock the system and not complain that it's in motion.

It works because grounding that pin enables a special diagnostic mode. Enabling it seems to bypass the motion checks, so the grounded e-brake can unlock the system and not complain that it's in motion.

Thanks!

Can someone please post a pic of how they grounded the wires?

From what I take...

Avic-D3 obviously has a black 'ground' wire. I can solder the e-brake and mute wires to this black ground, and hook it up to the black (chassis?) wire coming from my car/harness?

If this is the case, I guess I have to solder the mute/e-brake wire low enough on the Avic ground wire, to have enough wire to splice to the car's ground wire?

you can strip off coating at any point on the ground wire.

I stripped off about 3-4cms from midway on the black wire, and connected the Mute and Ebrake wire there and cleaned it up.

that way i only had to worry about grounding the end of the black wire, which i did to the chassi