AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

I just installed my D3 on a 2003 ford expedition eddie bauer edition. I lost the functionality of my streering wheel buttons.eg. volume control, music change. etc.. Is there a way to make it compabitble with the D3 or was my mechanic just lazy and didn't want to hook it up to it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a used car with the AVIC-D3. I have tried the Bypass procedure, but I do not have the AV Harness (white plug). I only have the power harness (black pug). After reading all posts I assume I need to purchase the harness with the white plug.

Do I really need to pay $35-$50 for this harness?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-D3-RCA-WIRE-HARNESS-AVICD3-LOW-SHIPPING-/120649707696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c174870b0#ht_620wt_907

Got It! Here's another question. I just had the wiring for the trailer professionally installed. The lights on the trailer for the blinker and brakes do not work when I try testing them. The dealer says the wiring harness attached to the SUV is not getting power. Could this be because of the light green ground, which is all I have done at this point? Thanks for your help.

• 6 months later...

ok never mind i got it i took my dash plate appart and looked in real good and found out when i had my install of my audio video junk they put in a pac controler for the onstar, needless to say the mute wire was never hooked to anything so i did the switch and spliced my green wire to my mute slapped it into a pregrounded wire and walah bypass done took about 10 min to do the mod found out that my dimmer for the nighttime works i just have to flick the switch i wish it would automatically come on when the head lights come on due to me having blue leds in the hood scoop but hopefully the bad boys in blue wont notice

• 7 months later...

Okay I have a question. I don't have a mute wire. And I can't see the DVD, I get sound but no video. Also the damn caution always comes up. Also the navi I can't seem to get all the options. Is this mute wire part of the issue. Also where can I find this brake wire thing. (By the way it's an Avic d3 going into a 07 Chrysler 300 with Boston premium sound.) thanks in advance