AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay the bypass works for me too.

Only thing is, now my car disables the controls if the car is in motion. After driving about a 1/4 mile I got a screen from the unit saying it detected that the parking brake wire was improperly disconnected. Then I noticed the navi search controls were disabled. The second I stopped at a traffic light they came back and then as soon as I started moving again they went away again.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. What was your ultimate fix to get it working? Thank you in advance,

Elliott

I did the D3 bypass steps, but what exactly should I do as a test to verify the bypass is working ?

Drive it past 15mph and see if it will play video. See if you have the ability to enter new distinations using address search. Also, you should never get a warning about your parking brake beind connected incorrectly.

Okay the bypass works for me too.

Only thing is, now my car disables the controls if the car is in motion. After driving about a 1/4 mile I got a screen from the unit saying it detected that the parking brake wire was improperly disconnected. Then I noticed the navi search controls were disabled. The second I stopped at a traffic light they came back and then as soon as I started moving again they went away again.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. What was your ultimate fix to get it working? Thank you in advance,

Elliott

I got the same issue as well. I am 100% sure that the mute wire was moved to the right location and that it as well as the PB wire are grounded properly (confirmed using my multimeter).

I did everything for the bypass (moved the mute wire, and grounded the parking brake) and it worked for the first 2 hours of my drive up to Santa Rosa. However, on the way back it reported that the Parking Brake is connected wrong and started disabling the functions it doesnt want me to have in motion.

Ideas?

http://gallery.cowger.us/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3926&g2_serialNumber=2

man...sorry guys, i know i have already brought it up once, but i just called two more installers in my area and they both said that they cannot bypass the unit because it is all firmware related. it can not be done manually by grounding and moving the wire into the empty slot. he was like yea i'm apart of avic411 too and it does not work. every one on this site said that it does. so is this guy just retarded or wtf is going on.

Double check your connections. You need the pin to be firmly set into the new hole in the harness and you need a good ground for that wire and the parking brake wire

I am very experienced with soldering and moving pins around connections. I am 100% sure that I connected them properly, and that they remain connected properly, as my multimeter shows basically no resistance through those pins.