AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jaytrey wrote:

man...sorry guys, i know i have already brought it up once, but i just called two more installers in my area and they both said that they cannot bypass the unit because it is all firmware related. it can not be done manually by grounding and moving the wire into the empty slot. he was like yea i'm apart of avic411 too and it does not work. every one on this site said that it does. so is this guy just retarded or wtf is going on

There's a video on you tube showing a guy driving with a dvd playing, so it definately works for a least one person. Some installers refuse to do the bypass. I can't help but wonder if these guys have been ordered by their boss to lie about the bypass, because if they admit they won't do it, you might go somewhere else.

He is apparently just retarded. I wouldn't want him touching my car after he pretty much admitted that he can't read

man...sorry guys, i know i have already brought it up once, but i just called two more installers in my area and they both said that they cannot bypass the unit because it is all firmware related. it can not be done manually by grounding and moving the wire into the empty slot. he was like yea i'm apart of avic411 too and it does not work. every one on this site said that it does. so is this guy just retarded or wtf is going on.

Alot of this has to do with the installers not knowing anybetter. Most don't care to dig and find out for sure if it can be bypassed unless they're putting one in their personal cars. My car for instance, the d1 was hooked up properly until I found this place and how to do the bypass. I was told the system couldn't be bypassed and I beleived it. The final problem with doing the bypass is it is illegal in all 50 states to have video in view of the driver. Yes installers have been taken to court because of accidents cause by that too. So in the end no I'm not risking my job or a suit because a customer wants be to bypass their nav system.

Jaytrey wrote:
man...sorry guys, i know i have already brought it up once, but i just called two more installers in my area and they both said that they cannot bypass the unit because it is all firmware related. it can not be done manually by grounding and moving the wire into the empty slot. he was like yea i'm apart of avic411 too and it does not work. every one on this site said that it does. so is this guy just retarded or wtf is going on

There's a video on you tube showing a guy driving with a dvd playing, so it definately works for a least one person. Some installers refuse to do the bypass. I can't help but wonder if these guys have been ordered by their boss to lie about the bypass, because if they admit they won't do it, you might go somewhere else.

I haven't seen this question asked yet. Technically, what is this change in wiring over-riding, exactly? I know it works, but I'd like to know how it works. If it's over-riding the unit's brain into thinking it's sitting in a stopped position, won't that the cause the navigation portion to display the wrong information?

Honestly, I'm not really concerned about video playback while moving. It would obviously be cool, but what I'm more concerned about is making changes to my navigation route while moving.

I know it works, I'd just like to know how it works. You know what I mean?

While I cant speak from personal knowledge, my guess is this:

The movement of the pin is the key. It probably doesn't ACTUALLY matter which pin you move to the new location, only that you have A pin there (it just so happens that the MUTE pin is nearby and not very useful).

As to the specialness of the new location, I suspect it is placed there as 1 of 2 things:

1) A developer debugging tool, that is left in the final design.

2) An intentional 'for the customer' bypass for use in non-car application (e.g. in the back seat of a motorhome, or in a boat).

I would bet dollars to donuts that using the bypass has literally 0 harmful effect on the navi accuracy of the system.