AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so i did my bypass today on my d3 and i did it a little bit different. i bought a switch for likes 3 bucks, took the parking park connected to one end then grounded out the other line, fliped the switch and works great, watched movies and placed addresses in no problem while going about 50 mph, i physically didnt do it cuz it is a lilttle dangerous but my buddy did and it works great...i mean just letting people know how i did and seems to work out pretty good without removing the mute wire or anything like that...let me know what you guys think....

ok so i did my bypass today on my d3 and i did it a little bit different. i bought a switch for likes 3 bucks, took the parking park connected to one end then grounded out the other line, fliped the switch and works great, watched movies and placed addresses in no problem while going about 50 mph, i physically didnt do it cuz it is a lilttle dangerous but my buddy did and it works great...i mean just letting people know how i did and seems to work out pretty good without removing the mute wire or anything like that...let me know what you guys think....

Give it time you'll get locked out eventually. The mute wire MUST be moved and grounded for the bypass to work contiually.

quick question - I just had my avic d3 installed yesterday, and I told the guy about the bypass you guys have been showing. He said that there isnt any open slots in my connector to move the yellow wire to. He said hes gone on this forum and looked at the pics, and my harness looks a little different. Could he be right? I would look myself, but ive never messed with wiring in a car before so im not really sure how to get the HU out :\

I guess if all else fails I could buy the bypass on ebay..but thats $30+shipping

Hey fellas, newbie here with a few questions regarding setup and bypass. I originally had the N1 which the installer did the bypass to a toggle switch to turn on and off as I pleased. Well the N1 was stolen and I replaced it with the D3. This new installer grounded it to the same toggle switch but the dvd still doesn't play. After reading this post I see that there is more involved (like moving and grounding the mute wire). Now after giving you all history here are my questions.

1. With the unit now hooked to the toogle if I'm stopped and turn it off the dvd won't play, when turned on the dvd will play(this is fine). Reading this post does he now only need to move the mute and ground it and that's it or are there other wires? This post went from 2 wires being grounded to someone mentioning 3 wires (remember i'm a newbie)?

2. With the current setup I noticed that some of my navi menu option disable when driving then when I stop they enable again. Is this by design or is something installed incorrectly?

3. I noticed that my parking brake sensor in the navi menu says off is this because the green wire wasn't grounded...could this be the cause to question 2?

From my understand so I can give this to the installer...move the mute wire to the slot above and ground it and the parking brake wire (green or light green wire). Once this is done all will work?

Sorry for the long post...just a newbie needing clarification. Thanks in advance.

i guess i spoke to soon about my bypass, but i did however successfully perform the bypass and it works great. I attached it to a switch because i know my luck, as soon as i leave my friends house, a cop is following me so i flip the switch and he goes away, goes to show never me to careful. anyways, to take the mute wire is very easy if you have the righ tools ie eye glass mini screw driver and carefully move it out, gently pull it out place it in the emptl slot all the way in, ground it out with the parking park wire bada bing bada boom, you are all set.....thanks again to everyone this forum is awesome...

quick question - I just had my avic d3 installed yesterday, and I told the guy about the bypass you guys have been showing. He said that there isnt any open slots in my connector to move the yellow wire to. He said hes gone on this forum and looked at the pics, and my harness looks a little different. Could he be right? I would look myself, but ive never messed with wiring in a car before so im not really sure how to get the HU out :\

I guess if all else fails I could buy the bypass on ebay..but thats $30+shipping

Your installer probably isn't MECP certified or if he is, then he is BS'ing you. In order to do the bypass, the initial steps are to be done on your second avic harness (The one with the RCA's in it). The 1st Avic harness does not have a mute lead on it. Hence you take the mute lead and place it into the pin above it. Then you ground that wire and also the parking brake wire. You can ground both of these together if you can make them reach. Why are so many of you making this seem like ROCKET SCIENCE. You have a picture and a step-by-step procedure. WTF?

I put together a nice flash photogallery that shows you, step by step, how to remove the mute wire and put it back into the right spot.

I also show you the parking brake wire and the ground wire on the same cable. You could ground the parking brake and mute wire to this.

I asked Jason to host the photo gallery. We'll see what he says.

I have a 2007 Chev Silverado. No bose system.

Followed bypass instructions to the letter. Thanks!!

I put a bypass switch for e brake. I also did the mute wire.

When my vehicle is stoped no problem Video works great. When I start moving I get the door chimes from hell. How do I get rid of the chimes?

You've got a couple of options. You can just leave off the Metra Data bus connector for the door chimes. OR you can wrap it in electrical tape. Be sure to cover the speaker hole. This will take it down some decibels but still be audible.