AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

I wouldn't do that. You'll never get a good solid connection. Check fleabay or Radio Shack and see if you can find a similar pin. All you need to do is cut the end off, strip the jacket (plastic covering) back and crimp a new pin on.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put in a D3 in my 2005 Expedition. The bypass did not work. I followed the instructions. Going to check the pin to make sure it did not get damaged. Any other ideas ?

Also, is it safe to hook the illumination up to the Expedition ? I heard you could short out wiring systems? Urban myth ?

Thanks everyone

I put in a D3 in my 2005 Expedition. The bypass did not work. I followed the instructions. Going to check the pin to make sure it did not get damaged. Any other ideas ?

Also, is it safe to hook the illumination up to the Expedition ? I heard you could short out wiring systems? Urban myth ?

Thanks everyone

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and say myth busted.

I completed the bypass in my 2004 expedition. Everything is GREAT! I added a 17" screen in the back so that I could play different movies on both screens. The navigation works great also. I also hooked up my ipod for additional music and movies. Works wonderfully.

Its good to have an ipod or cd changer so that you can leave the navi cd in at all times. Its just an inconvenience when you just want to listen to a new cd and do not want to open the changer.

I have 2 questions:

1.What is the EXT 1 and EXT 2 used for? What can be hooked up to them?

2. Is there any way to watch a movie (w/o sound), and play a cd at the same time?

Thanks.

New to the board....

I don't seem to have the same harness as everyone else here on the board. I saw that someone else had mentioned that their installer said their harness looked different. Mine doesn't have the extra mute line you all are talking about and it doesn't have an empty pin location. I ordered my d3 from crutchfield. Is it possible that they swapped the harness out with their own?

Thanks!

New to the board....

I don't seem to have the same harness as everyone else here on the board. I saw that someone else had mentioned that their installer said their harness looked different. Mine doesn't have the extra mute line you all are talking about and it doesn't have an empty pin location. I ordered my d3 from crutchfield. Is it possible that they swapped the harness out with their own?

Thanks!

Look at my pics in my flash gallery below.