• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#31 jaytrey

jaytrey

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationbaltimore, md

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

do you think you guys could give me a step by step on how to do it...i know there's a pic, but i ate paint chips when i was younger....

:lol:

#32 JasonH

JasonH

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1785 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:24 PM

Step 1: Move Mute Wire to empty slot as shown above.
Step 2: Ground the newly moved Mute Wire
Step 3: Ground Parking Brake Wire

Done

#33 07FX4SD

07FX4SD
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

Okay the bypass works for me too.

Only thing is, now my car disables the controls if the car is in motion. After driving about a 1/4 mile I got a screen from the unit saying it detected that the parking brake wire was improperly disconnected. Then I noticed the navi search controls were disabled. The second I stopped at a traffic light they came back and then as soon as I started moving again they went away again.

Hi,
I'm having the same issue. What was your ultimate fix to get it working? Thank you in advance,
Elliott

#34 MisFit

MisFit

Established Member

• Members
  • 1784 posts
  • LocationN.J

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

he doesnt know what he's doing, i've done it three times in the last five days. works fine when you ground both wires. make sure you move mute wire to the right pin

#35 JasonH

JasonH

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1785 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:46 AM

I cleaned this up.

For the record:
MisFit was referring to jaytrey's post about his installer. He wasn't personally attacking anyone.

Grow up guys.

#36 jaytrey

jaytrey

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationbaltimore, md

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:50 AM

thank you for that

8)

#37 PDSchweitzer

PDSchweitzer
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

I did the D3 bypass steps, but what exactly should I do as a test to verify the bypass is working ?

#38 coocho

coocho

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMitsubishi

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

I did the D3 bypass steps, but what exactly should I do as a test to verify the bypass is working ?

Drive it past 15mph and see if it will play video. See if you have the ability to enter new distinations using address search. Also, you should never get a warning about your parking brake beind connected incorrectly.
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and SL
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Spyder
1998 Chevy Covette (SOLD)
Z1 in the SL

#39 zulustypes

zulustypes
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:26 AM

thanks! very helpfull!

#40 mcowger

mcowger
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:25 AM

Okay the bypass works for me too.

Only thing is, now my car disables the controls if the car is in motion. After driving about a 1/4 mile I got a screen from the unit saying it detected that the parking brake wire was improperly disconnected. Then I noticed the navi search controls were disabled. The second I stopped at a traffic light they came back and then as soon as I started moving again they went away again.

Hi,
I'm having the same issue. What was your ultimate fix to get it working? Thank you in advance,
Elliott

I got the same issue as well. I am 100% sure that the mute wire was moved to the right location and that it as well as the PB wire are grounded properly (confirmed using my multimeter).

I did everything for the bypass (moved the mute wire, and grounded the parking brake) and it worked for the first 2 hours of my drive up to Santa Rosa. However, on the way back it reported that the Parking Brake is connected wrong and started disabling the functions it doesnt want me to have in motion.

Ideas?

http://gallery.cowge..._serialNumber=2

#41 whtcrxghst

whtcrxghst

Established Member

• Members
  • 4790 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

Double check your connections. You need the pin to be firmly set into the new hole in the harness and you need a good ground for that wire and the parking brake wire

#42 Phanon_TC

Phanon_TC

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

Here are some clear pictures I took close up of it incase you guys wanna use these also

RCA cable for the bypass

Posted Image

Picked out wire with eyeglass screwdriver

Posted Image

Bypass finished

Posted Image

#43 coocho

coocho

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationMitsubishi

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:22 AM

copied me with the eye glasses screw driver!
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and SL
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Spyder
1998 Chevy Covette (SOLD)
Z1 in the SL

#44 jaytrey

jaytrey

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationbaltimore, md

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

man...sorry guys, i know i have already brought it up once, but i just called two more installers in my area and they both said that they cannot bypass the unit because it is all firmware related. it can not be done manually by grounding and moving the wire into the empty slot. he was like yea i'm apart of avic411 too and it does not work. every one on this site said that it does. so is this guy just retarded or wtf is going on.

#45 mcowger

mcowger
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

Double check your connections. You need the pin to be firmly set into the new hole in the harness and you need a good ground for that wire and the parking brake wire

I am very experienced with soldering and moving pins around connections. I am 100% sure that I connected them properly, and that they remain connected properly, as my multimeter shows basically no resistance through those pins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users