AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes I have 2 of them D2 and I just bought another D3. I've read it look like D2 and D3 same.

Then you're not reading right. The d1/2 are the same. The d3 is a whole new can of worms. The d1/2 bypass is different and can be found with the search button.

I would be interested in hearing from more people who have had the bypass work for them and those who haven't.

I'm trying to decide whether to install this myself or let the pros do it.

I'm not an installer and would prefer to have the pros do it - but if I can't get the bypass (ie nav changes while driving) then I'll have to do the whole install myself.

Did the people who are having problems connect the parking wire and the mute wire to the ground wire or elsewhere on the chassis? If so, does anyone have a clue what their problem is?

BTW, if anyone needs a crutchfield referral code - pleas PM or email me rpaddick@gmail.com.

I know this is a shameless attempt to save myself some extra beans - but the pioneer speakers I ordered suck and I need to replace them with infinity.

r123, I have NEVER done anything with mobile electronics, it was extremely simple to follow the picture (ONCE BEST BUY INSTALLED THE WHOLE THING). I just simply stripped the ground wire and twisted off the mute and parking brake wire......I also had to cut the parking brake wire that Best Buy installed. If i didnt cut the parking brake wire it still would of worked but the "brake" light would have remained on. Hope that helps....feel free to ask anything else

I would be interested in hearing from more people who have had the bypass work for them and those who haven't.

I'm trying to decide whether to install this myself or let the pros do it.

Unless you have brain damage or parkinsons, you can do this yourself. Seriously. To do the bypass, you tie 3 wires together. Its not that hard.

I encourage MOST people to also do their full install. If Metra makes a wiring harness for your car, and you've ever even heard of soldering iron before, you can do it. I do respect that there are some cars that are harder than others, but if there is a wiring bracket for your application, you can do it.

I've never installed or removed a car stereo before...and managed to install the D3 (w/ Bypass) just fine. The hardest part for me was to neatly hide the ipod wire - and route the gps wire. Of which both took minimal effort.

After doing this myself, I'm amazed at the prices best buy/circuit city charge to do this.

I was surprised at the simplicity of the bypass - it was so easy, I thought for sure I had missed a step. But no, it worked flawlessly.

Good luck!

Brent

i am not new to installs of in dash units as i have done all my installs myself in my cars, but i do have a queston about the bypass.

after i move the mute wire up, where dose the wire go that grounds the parking break and the mute wire. am i connecting this ground wire to the harness, or what? i did not get the unit yet, just waiting for my best buy to get them in so i can get discount but i want to be prepaired.

The black wire in the harness is fine

i am not new to installs of in dash units as i have done all my installs myself in my cars, but i do have a queston about the bypass.

after i move the mute wire up, where dose the wire go that grounds the parking break and the mute wire. am i connecting this ground wire to the harness, or what? i did not get the unit yet, just waiting for my best buy to get them in so i can get discount but i want to be prepaired.