AVIC411.com

Maximum size of microSD card in NEX5000 ?

No!

64Gb+ cards are SD/XC and those cards require exFAT due to how their internal block allocation system works.

If you reformat them to either FAT32 or NTFS you are begging for them to lose your data.  They become unstable due to interaction between the data management algorithm in the controller (internal to the card) and the filesystem format.  All these cards essentially require exFAT as a format to remain stable over time.

The adoption of a proprietary, license-required format (exFAT is a Microsoft product and manufacturers have to buy a license to use it in their products) for these cards sucks, but it is what it is.

No!

64Gb+ cards are SD/XC and those cards require exFAT due to how their internal block allocation system works.

If you reformat them to either FAT32 or NTFS you are begging for them to lose your data.  They become unstable due to interaction between the data management algorithm in the controller (internal to the card) and the filesystem format.  All these cards essentially require exFAT as a format to remain stable over time.

The adoption of a proprietary, license-required format (exFAT is a Microsoft product and manufacturers have to buy a license to use it in their products) for these cards sucks, but it is what it is.

Is there any substantial proof that reformatting a SDXC will make its data unstable? I know that  NTFS has extra journaling feature that require more read/write, which might add a tiny bit more to the flash wearing. But from what I read so far I don't have anywhere mentioning that the difference is big.

I'm using a 64GB SDXC reformatted to NTFS in my AVIC-6000NEX, and the performance is pretty good. I don't know how long will it last honestly. But I'd probably stick with NTFS for now and happily enjoy its larger capacity over 32GB until I see some scientific figure or theory persuade me otherwise.

Is there any substantial proof that reformatting a SDXC will make its data unstable? ...

IDK about substantial proof, but there's enough web content on the issue to surmise it's a real possibility.  From what I've read on the matter, the suspected common cause is ejecting or de-energizing prior to suspending data operations.

There are claims that an instability could render the card permanently useless.  If a reformatted card works, I say use it... just now that you are aware of the possibility, don't be surprised if it happens.

BTW the reason for my somewhat-flippant response is that I've already explained, in pretty-meticulous detail, exactly why this is a bad idea several times on this forum yet people don't read before they post -- or worse, think that somehow the answer will change the more times you ask the same question.....

BTW the reason for my somewhat-flippant response is that I've already explained, in pretty-meticulous detail, exactly why this is a bad idea several times on this forum yet people don't read before they post -- or worse, think that somehow the answer will change the more times you ask the same question.....

It would be more helpful IMO if you could just provide a link to your other post explaining those issues.  Saves having to re-type and reduces other stress factors.  :)  JMO