AVIC411.com

4000NEX HD Radio not working

Hello everyone.  I haven't posted here before but have learned a lot from you all over the last few weeks.  I am hoping that you may be able to help me with a problem I am having with the 4000NEX I just installed.  I have searched all of the forums for the issue I am having but haven't seen anything like it.

I installed the head unit last week and everything except the HD Radio works perfectly.  Unfortunately, when I select HD Radio, it changes to the HD Radio screen but does not show (or play) any radio stations.  The left and right arrows are present at the bottom of the screen but there is no radio station numbers (e.g. 91.7) in between them.  I have tried pressing the arrows on the screen and the hard keys but it won't search for stations.  I thought it might be my antenna, so I purchased a replacement one, but it had the same result.  I also disconnected the power and used the reset button on the front.  No luck.

Any thoughts?  I'm wondering if I just received a bad unit.  I thought I would try to reinstall the current firmware, but I couldn't find it on the Pioneer site.

I'm afraid I'm getting to the point of just swapping in a new unit and seeing if it fixes it.

Thanks!

Jason

i had the same issue where when i searched for stations on HD mode it would not pick up any stations it would just search and seacr. i had to purchase an amplified antenna since my OEM antenna was the culprit. once the amp antenna was installed and pluged in it works perfectly might be the same issue for you.