AVIC411.com

Nex 4000 Appradio mode connection issue

Hi

I love the unit but every now and then, it refuses to connect to my iPhone 5s. When it powers on it says connect your cable and then it says connecting but never connects. I then have to turn off the bluetooth on my phone and then turn it on again. Then it will connect and ask to allow the phone to launch the appradio. I am using the Apple digital av adapter via HDMI. I will go for days without any issues and then all of a sudden the problem appears. Has anyone else had this issue and any solutions?

Thanks

Thanks. Great to know that I don't have a defective unit. Anyone know if there is fix coming from Pioneer?  I had a Z140 which was very buggy with iPhone 5. I would have thought Pioneer would have taken care of all the bugs and glitches on their Nex units. I did speak to their tech support and they told me it was due to iOS 7. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

I don't know if this will help anyone but I found that if I do the following I can get the appradio to startup properly.  This is of course after I have already paired the phone thru bluetooth, physically connected the phone to the (In my case) lightning connector, clicked OK on the warning dialog box, and I am stuck in the "Connecting...." dialog box with HDMI button.  If you don't get the OK button you need to disconnect the phone and restart

1) use the Mode button to access the button (Upper right hand corner) for the radio settings

2) Under Input/Output access the smartphone settings and change Connection from digital input to bluetooth audio, you will prompted to okay the disconnection of all devices which is fine since nothing is connected.  You will get a confirmation tone after clicking OK

2) switch back to digital, again another tone, no need to disconnect the phone physically

3) click the Mode button, and then click on the Apps icon in the upper left.

At this point sometimes I will see the Connecting... screen briefly but I will always get the Ignore button on the radio, and my phone will show the "Allow Appradio" dialog box. Then I proceed from there and it starts up fine.  

As a habit I always kill of the Appradio and Car Media Player apps on my phone before I connect up.

Hope this helps.