AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z150BH/X950BH/850BT/X8510BT 2014 MAPS OUT

my post in general;

Does anyone know the softwareupdate policy of pioneer? Is it likely there will be an update to the z150, now that they have released the NEX units? We are now at 1.06 and there are still bugs to sort out. Are we obsolete and abandoned, or will pioneer give us an update or even new features in the future? Anyone?

Will a mapupdate change anything on the unit in general? And for example, using the GPS in my car, the arrow is so late that i more than once missed the road im supposed to drive, will a mapupdate give me a more accurate position while driving?
  • 1 year later...

According to navigation(com) 

the 2014 map update is out,any thoughts?

As far as thoughts, it's now mid-2016 (~two years later) and I did not read anything about whether much changed with the 2014 update.  If I do not buy a newer* head unit, there is a 2016 update, and it is out shortly, I think I will get it and post whether or not anything changes which I assume will not other than the map data.  If you updated to the 2014 maps, did anything else change besides the map data?  Thanks.

* I currently have the AVIC-X850BT and AVIC-Z150BH units.

As far as thoughts, it's now mid-2016 (~two years later) and I did not read anything about whether much changed with the 2014 update.  If I do not buy a newer* head unit, there is a 2016 update, and it is out shortly, I think I will get it and post whether or not anything changes which I assume will not other than the map data.  If you updated to the 2014 maps, did anything else change besides the map data?  Thanks.

* I currently have the AVIC-X850BT and AVIC-Z150BH units.

The 2016 maps are available and posted it in the Generalc subforum of the X and Z series.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/82415-2016-maps-are-out-for-avic-x950bh-avic-x850bt-avic-x8510bt-avic-z150bh/

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/82414-2016-maps-are-out-for-avic-z150bh-avic-x950bh-avic-x850bt-avic-x8510bt/

Does anyone know the softwareupdate policy of pioneer? Is it likely there will be an update to the z150, now that they have released the NEX units? We are now at 1.06 and there are still bugs to sort out. Are we obsolete and abandoned, or will pioneer give us an update or even new features in the future? Anyone?

Will a mapupdate change anything on the unit in general? And for example, using the GPS in my car, the arrow is so late that i more than once missed the road im supposed to drive, will a mapupdate give me a more accurate position while driving?

As far as the firmware, the navigation.com Pioneer MY13 HIGH North America 2016: T1000-24302 update has firmware version 1.07. 

The process is three steps 1) it starts with updating the firmware (1.07) -- this has 76 parts and takes ~2 minutes -- and reboots, then 2) the maps are updated (~45 minutes) and reboots, and 3) the final installation has 2 parts and takes little time and finally reboots to Platform Version 3.00, Application Version 3.00, Map Data 3.000000, Search Data 3.000000, Mecha Version 01.01.03.00 -- with the 2014 update I assume all 3s can be replaced with 2s; i.e. s/3/2/g.