AVIC411.com

I completed the firmware update as instructed and the unit rebooted. However, at the System Ucom Write screen the SD (or USB) version just shows dashes, rather than  v. 8.05 ( ------ ). In other words, I can't complete the install. I've tried downloading the zip file multiple times, using various storage media, etc. 

Interestingly, the instructions clearly state that when the update is unzipped there should be one folder (AVICZ110) and one file (TESTMODE.KEY) extracted, however there is also a FIRMWARE folder that is not mentioned anywhere in the instructions. I've tried including it on the SD and USB as well as not including it, trying to get the AVIC to recognize the 8.05 version with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Not sure about the z series, but my x series didn't auto update the USB firmware.  I needed to navigate to the settings screen and select USB and there was a selection button for update.

The BT firmware files included in 5.1 are the same as those in the 2013 map update (5.0). So no need to re-install.

• 1 year later...

4.6 is for those who have not updated their map via navteq it says.  5.1 for those who have updated the maps.  I'm a bit confused though if 5.1 is the same as the 2013 map upgrade why would they have those who have upgraded maps reinstall the same BT FW?

it seems 2012 maps (4.0) use BT FW 3.24, 2013 (5.0) and 2015 (6.0?) Maps use BT FW 3.34\3 If i recall correctly.  I could not get BT audio working w/ the 2015 maps w/ any BT FW..  I could only get 2013 maps working w/ the 2012 BT FW (3.24).

Dave

I am trying to understand the weird reaction my HU BT was having to map updates so I went through and did a binary comparison on all files in the BT firmware from 2012, 2013 and 2015 maps as well as the 4.6 and 5.1 Firmware updates and all but 2012 are exactly the same.  I assume 2012 is BT FW v. 3.24 and the others are all 3.32  

Hope this helps someone.  If nothing else it'll be future reference for me :)

Dave

TT_Vert, when you where having problems w 3.32 and v6 app, did you try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes? This has solved many BT issues. My guess is that the mapping of some internal configuration parameters has changed between versions and it takes a cold boot to initialize them to the proper values.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I installed this onto my z120bt..... I've been trying to fix it for months. I can play a disk that's already in there when i have either my sd or usb in with condhack on it. Otherwise, it just says no applicable program. I've tried to place updates on my SD but it just says update starting but quickly states that "update failed" and restarts. It continues to play through that lil sequence over n over in a loop and it's quite stressful. On boot up it says 2013 instead of 2009 as before. I do not have User files or NDATA files on unit anymore for one reason or another but have them on my computer I'm sure of it. . . . .I'm pretty desperate and don't know what to do. SysUcom displays 8.01 or 8.05 and when I attempt to force write with older versions everything says "ready" besides EU90BOT. Instead of "ready" it displays [Write Errr B]......

I'm a noob who has messed up his unit by accidently downloading hackmode when I wasn't aware of it's full abilities and potentially damaging use...... If anyone could please point me in the right direction I will be forever greatful... I mean, I have spent countless hours sorting and sifting, reading and noting every post and thread on here for a solution and I just can't seem to get it down. Maybe I'm too stupid but electronics are not my expertise and I think I shouldn't have tampered with the damn thing. After about 2 months with my unit like this I'm reaching out for a helping hand on this site after trying to figure it out myself. I have hope for sure due to the fact that the unit still plays discs(the one that is in there), and I can navigate through testmode still and developer mode.