AVIC411.com

Avic8000 Voice command

hello everyone so far i am in love with my avic-8000nex even after having to send it to Piooner for warrenty repair..eitherway the question i have is is it me or does the 8000 does not have voice command navigation. i used to have an avic120 and i seem to remember i was able to activate the voice command and actually speak my address destination..

I have the 7000, and I have not found anyway to use voice commands for navigation. This is something it should have in the days of hands free driving. But maybe in a future upgrade?

You should be able to use Siri and Apple Maps for voice Nav once CarPlay has arrived. But I am not a big fan of Apple Maps, unless they really made some improvements.

Pioneer removed voice command from their systems with the Z140 and on from there. Kenwood did the same thing sith their systems that same year so it is assumed the neither company was able to license the software to continue with voice command. Ironically, the same year Apple purchase the software company to developer Siri so this may be why you no longer see VC on either companies units.

Pioneer removed voice command from their systems with the Z140 and on from there. Kenwood did the same thing sith their systems that same year so it is assumed the neither company was able to license the software to continue with voice command. Ironically, the same year Apple purchase the software company to developer Siri so this may be why you no longer see VC on either companies units.

The Kenwood DNN990HD and AFAIK the latest version DNN991HD have native voice recognition for basic unit operation and navi.  I have the DNN990HD but haven't tried the VR.

Not sure about other models.