AVIC411.com

Avic Z110BT 5.1 upgrade app mode question

Has anyone been able to get the Appmode screen up and running, (visible) on an Avic Z110BT, upgraded to 5.1? I'm using the stock, CD-1U51v 30 pin cable with an iPhone 5. Have the Appmode App installed on my iPhone, but have not been able to get the Appmode screen to show up, (I get the vertical icons on the right side of the screen, but I don't get the large horizontal icons in the center of the screen that are supposed to scroll, left and right). Perhaps it's not possible with a Z110BT. When I go into settings > AV settings, the system does not give me an iPhone option, I only have an iPod option. Anyone else have a similar frustration?

iPhone 5 has the lightning connector which you need the 30-pin to lightning adapter.  I believe it doesn't pass video or something like that.  

Try an iPhone or iPod Touch with a 30-pin to see if you can get it to show up.

Thanks for your response rgarjr.  I tried and iPhone 4 with the CD-1U51v  30 pin cable and that worked great, I was able to get the App Mode screen.

The problem must be the Lightening pigtail adapter used for the iPhone 5.  When I hook up my iPhone 5 with the Lightening adapter cable, I can't get the 

App Mode screen.

Does anyone know if Pioneer has come up with a solution to this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a video of what I'm talking about.  My Avic Z110BT has been upgraded to 5.1 and I can't get the horizontal scrolling icons to show up.  Can anyone else comment on this feature?

http://youtu.be/PjmXkB_scAY

Thanks for your response rgarjr.  I tried and iPhone 4 with the CD-1U51v  30 pin cable and that worked great, I was able to get the App Mode screen.

The problem must be the Lightening pigtail adapter used for the iPhone 5.  When I hook up my iPhone 5 with the Lightening adapter cable, I can't get the 

App Mode screen.

Does anyone know if Pioneer has come up with a solution to this issue?

With the 5.1 update, there is an 11 page pdf that states on page 2 for AppRadio mode you will need the following cables: VGA/USB CD-IV202NAVI, Lightning to VGA Adapter from Apple, Lightning to USB cable CD-IU52. Then it goes onto to say: "You cannot play music and/or video files stored directly from your iPhone with Lightning connector using the VGA/USB interface cable for iPod/iPhone without using the CarMediaPlayer app.". And..."If you connect your iPhone with the Lightning connector to your navigation system using a USB interface cable for iPod (CD-IU5IV, sold seperately) and a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter  (Apple Inc. product, sold separately), you will have access to your music files, Pandora and Aha Radio on your iPhone with Lightning connector. AppRadio Mode is not supported when the iPhone with lightning connector is connected with this method."

My take on this is that if you buy the three cables needed and using the diagram on page 8 of this document connect your iPhone - you might get AppRadio mode. Why do I say might? Because Pioneer has a huge knack for promising things and then failing big time.

The other issue, as I quoted above is that music will then only be available through an app called CarMediaPlayer which is a 2 1/2 star rated app. - which in my opinion is 1/2 a star better than the Pioneer Z130BT  :cry:

And then page 9 of this document shows you the hoops you need to jump through to get it setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to test, and to let other owners of  Z110BT's out there know, I went out to my car, hooked up my wife's iPhone 4 with the CD-iU50v cable, used the app, "Pioneer AppRadio" interface and everything works as it should.  I've posted a photo below.  Does anyone know if any of the brilliant hackers frequenting this site will upgrade beyond 5.1 so that we can use the iPhone 5 with the lightening adapter?

Sure would be nice to be able to take advantage of Appmode with an iPhone 5..

IMG_7685_zps7d39b907.jpg