AVIC411.com

NEX AutoEQ vs Alpine Imprint?

I have an older Alpine INA-W900BT with the PXA-H100 Imprint processor in my Nissan Versa. The Imprint made a huge difference in the imaging in my car. I'm now looking at getting the AVIC-8000NEX and interested in how well the AutoEQ does. Hoping it does a similar job. I would look at another Alpine, but I would need a $700 processor to get Imprint on the new head units.

As soon as CarPlay is final on the 8000NEX, I think I am going to pull the trigger!

I have an older Alpine INA-W900BT with the PXA-H100 Imprint processor in my Nissan Versa. The Imprint made a huge difference in the imaging in my car. I'm now looking at getting the AVIC-8000NEX and interested in how well the AutoEQ does. Hoping it does a similar job. I would look at another Alpine, but I would need a $700 processor to get Imprint on the new head units.

As soon as CarPlay is final on the 8000NEX, I think I am going to pull the trigger!

imaging and EQ are two completely different things. The nex series does have some imagining like settings that will adjust where phantom center sits and probably has a exciter built in to add a little width in the highs but that is all. there is also Auto EQ which can adjust timing among other EQ related things. 

I have a Nissan Versa hatchback and the sound was really 'low'. Adding Imprint and going through the calibration process gave me a very centered soundstage right above the dashboard. I don't know if that is a combination of EQ, timing, or both. Hoping that AutoEQ is going to do something similar.

AutoEQ did do something similar for me as far as timing and balance are concerned. I used the Pioneer mic and got good results. My EQ was still tweaked by me a bit but I am loving the SQ. Great separation between instruments and vocals and bass is punchy and not muddy. 

I'd had several alpine head units thru out the years. my last alpine unit was the cda-9887 with the optimal imprint module for tuning, it was an improvement over manual tuning,then i switched to the Pioneer DEH-80PRS with auto eq tuning, and it was almost night and day difference. the auto tuning along was worth the switch for me, let alone the improved clarity of the dac,left me wondering what the 99prs could do. for this reason i choose the avic-7000nex for my new truck, not quite as sq oriented but it comes with auto eq and a decent graphic eq for a double din unit. Alpine would have to come out with something special to win my back. just my two cents, hope it helps with your decision

I have the NEX5000, I put it in my vette with the factory bose system in it. I also use the appropriate converter for that system, to me the sound was so harsh and lifeless I was ready to take it back to the store. I just happened to have a sony reference mic laying around from a home theater system, so I hooked it up and let it tune. I instantly fell in love with the system. It is a night and day difference, I think because I used a mic that was not 'blueprinted' for the system it lost a little 'punch' around the 250hz area but that is just a matter of sliding the eq just a bit. I will eventually remove the bose system entirely but until then I am more than happy with the auto eq.