AVIC411.com

Installing backup cam, have question about wiring

So I've got a DBC466 that I want to hook up to my Z110BT (software upgraded to Z130BT). The headunit was installed by a local audio shop back in '09. 

In general, I'm seeing a lot of backup cam installs where you need to wire the power into the reverse lights so that the headunit being used can detect the video feed turning on and then showing up on the display. I understand this, but my headunit also has the "Rear View" setting which allows you to view the image while driving and I want to be able to use that feature. I am currently looking at the installation guide and it seems to me that the violet/white power cord takes care of this????

For that reason, I'm guessing I should not wire the camera directly into the reverse lights, correct? Any power source should be sufficient? I attached images of the 2 sections in the installation manual that talks about it.

post-38205-0-02875800-1407245184_thumb.jpg

post-38205-0-37571800-1407245196_thumb.jpg

Per the diagram, I'm guessing that I need to make sure that feed from the violet/white wire and the power (red and black wires) from the camera both need to go to the reverse lights where it tells you to clamp the backup light lead. Hopefully the audio shop actually ran that wire to the backup light lead.

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Murphy