AVIC411.com

New Firmware for AVIC-F60DAB (also with NEX)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well interestingly enough if you read the update instructions the update file itself is called 5000nex which the unit is only called that in the us. Mind you I still wouldn't touch this update until the pioneer us site launches the update. They are run out of California, so probably around 8 am Cali time is when they would make a peep.

I'm not going to flash my unit with the EU firmware but I did download the Naviextras app to see what it does, it seems to want to connect directly to the head unit or a flash drive, but it doesn't recognize my drive.. not sure how this is going to work with our NEX units.. guess we'll find out.. hopefully soon. I wonder if the naviextras will get us the weather/gas prices...

Upgrading the firmware was indeed a breeze. However, actually connecting it to the naviextra toolbox not so much. Tried SD cards, formatted SD cards, exporting theme settings on the card first, wanted to try directly connecting laptop to the device but offcourse you'd need a male-male usb cable. Then i thought i'd better take the RTFM route. No luck, can't seem to find a single support page or subject in the manual pertaining to actually connecting it to naviextra toolbox. Tried the manual, pioneer site, naviextra site, naviextra toolbox help. Nothing. Awww i just want to add some manual POIs, shouldnt be that difficult these days..... :(

[edit]Just wanted to add, EU model here also, i would not try out the update on US/AU models.

I once updated my SPH-DA01 with a euro update before the U.S. one came out. Don't remember what came with the update but it was something I really wanted. Lost pandora connectivity. Never got it back.

The update file could be utterly identical to the one for US head units. But if it isn't, you don't want to mess up your head unit learning that it isn't.

Ah found it.

1. Need to use a clean formatted USB stick

2. Stick it in USB1 port of the unit

3. Start navigation and select settings there (so NOT the homescreen settings menu)

4. Scroll right and click "synctool"

5. Installand start naviextra toolbox

6. Put the USB stick in the PC

Done.

@Tekki, u can buy, if available, new maps and updates amongst others. I think u can also add POIs now but haven't checked yet, gotta go eat first~!

Mine gets stuck on "Reading". Left it for a good 20 minutes. USB stick formatted as fat32 on Windows, folder added as top level, nothing else on stick (the Pioneer one that came with the unit no less!)

Will try later with an SD card if no one has any ideas...