AVIC411.com

New Firmware for AVIC-F60DAB (also with NEX)

i can only speak for the F60DAB....

Amazon reviews are ups and downs...lot of crazy people who complain since they dont know how the unit works. No trouble with GPs. Type in things manually....no problem. USB works. Android an mirroring works....use the usbcable. There is no OFF button on the unit, but you can turn it off in the options (turns on but silence). Handbrake error = wrong wireing from the user. No bluetooth problems...etc. Latest firmware versions solves alot of errors and faults.

On the latter updates its more bugfixes then new addons...but thats okay

Regarding the maps there is usually 1 free upgrade after activating the unit for the first time. Code if im correct, But this might be overdue for you i think. But you can always try :)

check here for more info:

http://pioneer.naviextras.com

Since this forum is sometimes slow on replies and such you can always check out :

http://avichacking.slack.com

signup here: http://avicsignup.herokuapp.com

Most of the "gurus" hang out there and i randomly pop-in for some help and answers

"I think I am right in saying the F60 can do tilt screen (handy for me as its very low in car), has capacitive touch screen which I would really like.   - YES, some. cant remember if it both ways

"ONE question I can not find the answer to is whether it has a detachable fascia/removable screen for security?   - NO

We all know Pioneer want to sell new units, but who doesnt? But there have been fw releases :)

Ver 1.15 (July, 2017 Update) Reduce noise when playback iPod Add QWERTY keyboard in AppRadio Mode *UC model only Fix the malfunction at "Artist Alert" event *UC model only

Ver 1.14 (January, 2017 Update) Improve the virtual keyboard problem on iOS 9.x. Fix the incorrect indication of names on the screen at Bluetooth Handsfree mode in Thai. Fix the music display problem on iOS 8 and later. Minor bug fixes

Ver 1.11 (23 November, 2015 Update) Support for AVICSYNC REMARK: If you don’t intend to use the AVICSYNC features then it is not necessary to install this update.

Ver 1.07 (15 October, 2014 Update) Minor bug fixes.

Ver 1.06 (2 October, 2014 Update) Apple CarPlay™ support for iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5 iTunes® Radio support for iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5 Support for MPEG-2 playback (support for *.vob files on USB and SD source) Improved Rear view camera support Minor bug fixes.

Ver 1.04 (9 September, 2014 Update) This firmware will allow the users to purchase Speed Camera data and Optional TMC services from pioneer.naviextras.com

Ver 1.04 (12 August, 2014 Update) This firmware is required to use pioneer.naviextras.com 2nd Camera Switching via 'Map' button Minor bug fixes.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent thanks so much for your time posting some answers. The lack of removable face is a bit of a concern, but I don't think the F77 or F88 have that either so never mind that issue as I want one of those three no matter what.

Yes the free map upgrade will be long gone I am sure, but I assume I can still update the maps even if paying silly money to Pioneer?

Type in things manually - that's the only way I ever want to do it anyway!!

Handbrake error - I am planning on grounding that lead anyway as I want to use it on the move (I do a lot of shooting, crawling around fields for hours at night, want Youtube to pass the time!) 

Turning Off - That is ONE thing which does bother me a bit. Can you not have the screen blank if you want it off? That's a real shame and silly why they don't provide a way to turn it off! Not sure if F77 or F88 have that either. I am sure I read somewhere online that the F60 had a firmware update which fixed two things:

1. satnav annoying warning every time you go into mapping

2. no power off (added the option)

From what you say that sounds like it's not true. 

Thanks again 

1. satnav annoying warning every time you go into mapping

2. no power off (added the option)

The warning is on all software/firmware / units. But only when you turn on the unit /start the car first time. untill you shut it down again.

There is an power off option but the unit turns on to an blank default screen with all options off. this is for all latter pioneers i think

The warning is on all software/firmware / units. But only when you turn on the unit /start the car first time. untill you shut it down again.

There is an power off option but the unit turns on to an blank default screen with all options off. this is for all latter pioneers i think

Ah right. Yes what I heard was the older ones used to give that warning every time you went into satnav, not just when first powering on. Thats good news. 

Power off - not sure I really understand. Is it an annoying screen with stuff swirling around and distracting?! I had that once with a horrible sony xplod and i ended up ripping it out and stamping on it, what a stupid design! 

Ah right. Yes what I heard was the older ones used to give that warning every time you went into satnav, not just when first powering on. Thats good news. 

Power off - not sure I really understand. Is it an annoying screen with stuff swirling around and distracting?! I had that once with a horrible sony xplod and i ended up ripping it out and stamping on it, what a stupid design! 

No just the default background image with a dropdown button in the top leftcorner. no animations :)

I am disappointed from Pioneer's behavior and I am considering never to purchase any of their products. Luck of completely "off" mode (turning off entirely, no power consumption or function at all) and obviously there won't come out any serious firmware updates but only new models sometime. Many other annoying functions and lacks as pre-mentioned here. Not to mention that map update is overpriced for a buggy and freezing hardware!

You don't sound very happy! I wonder if a programmer could hack the latest firmware to make a power off option, unlikely but who knows. 

If it bothers you that much (as it may bother me too), I wondered about just fitting a toggle switch on the dashboard, and wiring the switch live to the stereo via that switch. A nice push button or switch would mean an instant power off on the dash. I may do that myself if it bothers me too much. Only a bit of wire and two crimps needed, and the switch.