AVIC411.com

New Firmware for AVIC-F60DAB (also with NEX)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool. You said "should work". have you not tried it on yours then? 

Seems to me a perfectly good option, I don't actually need the power to be cut to the unit, but it would be nice to make the screen blank. 

i never turn off  mine. but if it works for the nex8000 it will work for the f60dab. its the same unit just diff name

• 1 month later...

Well i FINALLY have my NEX800/F60DAB. Just trying to fit it, I have £150 worth of custom made cables to make it all work properly with Bose etc. But it isn't :(

Currently, I have an error showing when it boots saying "No Speed Pulse" being received by satnav. I was told the harness should definitely take care of that, I didn't even know abut it until they suggested it, they said the satnav will work better with "speed pulse". Does anyone know what they are talking about and if thats true? What does the speed pulse do for the satnav?

Also, bigger problem...... My Audi A6 Allroad had DAB on its factor RNS-E stereo. So I have two antenna connectors in the dash, one is a figure 8 double hole thingie, which my custom harness uses (both ports). But I also have what I am sure is the Audi DAB Antenna connector. That doesn't fit the back of the Pioneer very well, it does push on but doesn't feel very firm. Either way, it doesn[t give ANY DAB deception whatsoever. I tried an aftermarket (Pioneer) glass window DAB antenna and that just about picks up one station, but still not very good. Any ideas appreciated from you experienced folks :)

Thanks

Well i FINALLY have my NEX800/F60DAB. Just trying to fit it, I have £150 worth of custom made cables to make it all work properly with Bose etc. But it isn't :(

Currently, I have an error showing when it boots saying "No Speed Pulse" being received by satnav. I was told the harness should definitely take care of that, I didn't even know abut it until they suggested it, they said the satnav will work better with "speed pulse". Does anyone know what they are talking about and if thats true? What does the speed pulse do for the satnav?

Also, bigger problem...... My Audi A6 Allroad had DAB on its factor RNS-E stereo. So I have two antenna connectors in the dash, one is a figure 8 double hole thingie, which my custom harness uses (both ports). But I also have what I am sure is the Audi DAB Antenna connector. That doesn't fit the back of the Pioneer very well, it does push on but doesn't feel very firm. Either way, it doesn[t give ANY DAB deception whatsoever. I tried an aftermarket (Pioneer) glass window DAB antenna and that just about picks up one station, but still not very good. Any ideas appreciated from you experienced folks :)

Thanks

Audi has internal ANT_AMP, and those two cables are going in two directions (depending on your equipment package)

1. - directly to the roof antenna (shark tail)

2. - directly to ATM (amplifier) and to the roof antenna

you need something like that, a splitter that combines two ant signals into one, without any lose... 

BTW sprichst du Deutsch?  

All sorted, what a beautiful unit the 8000NEX/F60DAB is!

I love it to bits!

Not sure if you (Spectrax) are still around but if you are, I have a few niggles and questions which I would be really grateful if you could help with......

1. Mode button - what does this button do? If i touch it once it turns the display off, if I touch and hold it does nothing different.Is that how it should work? is it just a screen mode (on/off) button? 

2. I have attached images below. Looks like this is 2014 model. Is there a free/cheap way to update the maps or only via Pioneer?

3. Would it be wise to update the firmware and how do I do it?

4. Biggest issue and only annoying thing I have found - I have my iPod Classic plugged in in the glovebox with my entire music collection on. If I pause it or turn car off, it NEVER remembers what track was playing and starts from a random song again. This sounds minor but it's actually really annoying, as I would often like to leave it ready to play a certain song when I get in car so I pause it hoping it will start from there when I turn the engine on again,and strangely, it does fire up SHOWING that song playing but instantly changes it to another track. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this, or if some of the settings might help? I have it set to shuffle random which is what I want it to do.

Thanks for any help with it. PS pics attached show all my settings screens in case anyone spots anything else I can/should do.

post-145702-0-79636100-1507313333_thumb.jpg

post-145702-0-70217000-1507313336_thumb.jpg

post-145702-0-08962300-1507313339_thumb.jpg

post-145702-0-32517400-1507313341_thumb.jpg

Hmm, may have another problem, a big one. Not sure, hoping someone here can advise....

I tried to see about updating the maps. Spoke to the useless support staff at Naviextras. Long story short..I took the SD card out of the stereo (it was in when I bought it second hand) and Naviextras are asking for "license" file in "license" folder. But I don't have that folder. I have attached a screenshot of the files/folders on the card. is it no good? If so, is it possible to get a new one without paying ridiculous money to Naviextras? Also, am I right in thinking the satnav software is iGo Primo? If so, maybe it's a long shot but I have just purchased full Europe maps for iGo Primo on my mum's car stereo in Spain. Don't suppose I could do that again or maybe even use her map file?

post-145702-0-22474500-1507324284_thumb.png

All sorted, what a beautiful unit the 8000NEX/F60DAB is!

I love it to bits!

Not sure if you (Spectrax) are still around but if you are, I have a few niggles and questions which I would be really grateful if you could help with......

1. Mode button - what does this button do? If i touch it once it turns the display off, if I touch and hold it does nothing different.Is that how it should work? is it just a screen mode (on/off) button? 

2. I have attached images below. Looks like this is 2014 model. Is there a free/cheap way to update the maps or only via Pioneer?

3. Would it be wise to update the firmware and how do I do it?

4. Biggest issue and only annoying thing I have found - I have my iPod Classic plugged in in the glovebox with my entire music collection on. If I pause it or turn car off, it NEVER remembers what track was playing and starts from a random song again. This sounds minor but it's actually really annoying, as I would often like to leave it ready to play a certain song when I get in car so I pause it hoping it will start from there when I turn the engine on again,and strangely, it does fire up SHOWING that song playing but instantly changes it to another track. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this, or if some of the settings might help? I have it set to shuffle random which is what I want it to do.

Thanks for any help with it. PS pics attached show all my settings screens in case anyone spots anything else I can/should do.

attachicon.gifIMG_2652.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2653.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2654.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2655.JPG

1. not 100% sure. but it Toggles between the application and the AV function,

2. You can upgrade to the latest software (1.15) official, then patch/hack the Navi with a softwarekey and script. Then you can run/copy over downloaded maps (upgrading downloaded maps is another thing :)   )

3. Yes. You can get the firmware from pioneers website. its a zip file that needs to be unpacked to a sdcard or usbstick.

European firmware (F60Dab):

http://pioneer01.s3.amazonaws.com/Firmware/AVIC-Fx6x/AVIC-Fx60_EU5_FW_Ver_115.ZIP

US (Nex8000):

http://pioneer-usa.app.box.com/s/kjqzxk0dg3a8aat94urekdnb5rbt2lev

how to upgrade:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83346-firmware-update-headache/?p=343823

Remember to also upgrade the bluetooth firmware afterwards in the system settings. Just use the same files and sdcard/usbstick as the normal firmware upgrade.

4. This is a "common" "problem" with the pioneers. What i "think" ive found out is that the unit needs to index the songs first, this takes alot of time if you have alot of songs on the attached unit/card/stick. So it have to index all the songs before it "remembers" last played. if you turn of the unit before it have finished you have to start again. But im not 100% sure about this. thre was a topic long time ago, try searching for it.

Hmm, may have another problem, a big one. Not sure, hoping someone here can advise....

I tried to see about updating the maps. Spoke to the useless support staff at Naviextras. Long story short..I took the SD card out of the stereo (it was in when I bought it second hand) and Naviextras are asking for "license" file in "license" folder. But I don't have that folder. I have attached a screenshot of the files/folders on the card. is it no good? If so, is it possible to get a new one without paying ridiculous money to Naviextras? Also, am I right in thinking the satnav software is iGo Primo? If so, maybe it's a long shot but I have just purchased full Europe maps for iGo Primo on my mum's car stereo in Spain. Don't suppose I could do that again or maybe even use her map file?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-06 at 20.11.21.png

The files from the picture is from a previous firmwareupdate i think so not needed. Just remove the card from the unit and format it (fat32) for later use.

If you are going to update the maps i preffer a usbstick formated in fat32.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Car_Electronics/Firmware%20Update%20Files/NEX%20Map%20Update_Naviextras/Naviextras%20Update%20Instructions_FINAL.pdf

Maps are locked to the unit, so cant use mums :)

You have to pay for the naviextras maps

But you can always patch the navi unit to copy any maps to the unit. These you can get from sites such as gpspower.

Just look back on previous questions you have asked, and search the NEX thread or contact some lovely people on the http://avichacking.slack.com chat  ( http://avicsignup.herokuapp.com )

Nightmare! Happening over and over again. my phone will work thru stereo for calls, but not BT audio. I get the same error every time shown below. I also notice on the BT screen it shows phone connected but audio icon is greyed out.....

https://snag.gy/M8RFjG.jpg

https://snag.gy/Ynl5KA.jpg

Absolute nightmare, its the MAIN use I have for the unit, BT audio!! I could have got an android HU for £100 instead of £500 on this used unit!! And my main feature doesn't want to work! I also have a feeling this has only happened since I updated the firmware (and BT), silly me. Updates seem to always cause more work than they are worth!

Does anyone else have problems playing audio through their Pioneer via BT?

thanks