AVIC411.com

F700BT F900BT F70BT F90BT 4.001 EU update guide

Thanks to the admin over at Europe Car Audio forum, we can update our old avic's to the latest FW. As a bonus, the ezrider.exe and license files is hacked, so any compatible map can run. I have IGO R3 2013Q3 maps on my F900BT now. As always, be sure to back up before updating.

Guide and files: (no maps)

How to update Pioneer AVIC F700BT F900BT F70BT F90BT system

Backup download (added 17/4-2015)

If your navi screen interface language is different than the rest of the unit, copy the correct language from your backup to /My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/CONTENT/LANG in testmode and boot as normal. Go to language settings and select it once more, even if its the same. Unit will reboot and navi userinterface should be correct.

Once again, big thanks to Europe Car Audio forum. I did not find this update any other place.

Guide:

This tutorial will show You, how to update Pioneer AVIC F700BT F900BT F70BT F90BT system software to latest one available.

Tutorial is more for advanced users who know about computers also.

There are included files (links below), but without any maps,pois etc., I will post link from where You can get it. 

This update will allow You to use newest non-pioneer maps (hacked ezrider.exe). 

First step: copy the files of downloaded folder to 2GB or bigger SD card that has been formatted FAT. When You open the card, there should be visible testmode folder, WINCEIMG.BIN, WINCEIMG.CKS in "root" folder!

When You copied all files on Your card, put the card in Your deck. 
Turn your head unit on and then You need to start update and get in uboot mode to flash new firmware.
How to enter uboot mode:
These steps are very important, the updated software will not work without this flash.
[*]power up head unit while holding reset, eject, menu, and map buttons (by the way, reset button is that button near eject button, I used needle to push it).
[*]the black screen will blink - release reset button, but keep holding eject, menu, and map buttons
[*]blue screen will show up with text  "please push reset key again", enter this combination up, up, down, menu, left, right
[*]There will show up new menu - choose "0=WINCE Upgrade" and then choose "0=WINCE by SD/MMC (Format)", wait till it reads and writes the system files, I will show that You have to reset the head unit, press and hold reset button for 5sec. 

The next step, how to update Pioneer application: 
When Your SD card is inserted, turn on Your head unit, it should boot into Testmode (It will look like a old Windows XP).
I prefer Total Commander to copy new files - from "\Storage Card\files_for_copy_to_My_Flash_Disk" to Pioneer folder which is "\My Flash Disk"
My used method to copy files: open Total commander, on the left side open Pioneers folder (My Flash Disk), on the right side navigate to Storage Card and open "files_for_copy_to_My_Flash_Disk" folder. Then select all and use "drag&drop" method to copy files to Pioneer unit.  My Flash Disk contain the folders APL, APL2, etc. This may take ~15mins.
When copy is completed, remove the card and reset the head unit, if everything went right, You should boot into Pioneer's initial setup. 

P.S. I forgot very important thing, always make backup before all! Before uboot mode steps, put Your card in the unit, boot in the testmode, and copy Your Pioneers "My Flash Disk" content to Your SD card and later computer.

Where to copy new maps? Copy them to /My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/CONTENT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the admin over at Europe Car Audio forum, we can update our old avic's to the latest FW. As a bonus, the ezrider.exe and license files is hacked, so any compatible map can run. I have IGO R3 2013Q3 maps on my F900BT now. As always, be sure to back up before updating.

Guide and files: (no maps)

How to update Pioneer AVIC F700BT F900BT F70BT F90BT system

If your navi screen interface language is different than the rest of the unit, copy the correct language from your backup to /My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/CONTENT/LANG in testmode and boot as normal. Go to language settings and select it once more, even if its the same. Unit will reboot and navi userinterface should be correct.

Once again, big thanks to Europe Car Audio forum. I did not find this update any other place.

Hello,

How can install igo on F900BT ?? Thx

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...