AVIC411.com

Mirror Netflix, Youtube, ect... in rear passenger monitor 8000nex

4 days ago I heard about the Avic 8000nex and I did some research, and what really got me was the iPhone mirroring thing, and what sold me and made me purchase the unit was the, 

"The AVIC-8000NEX allows rear seat passenger to enjoy audio or video content on additional rear seat monitors and headphones, even while the front passenger and driver listen to audio from other sources or operate navigation functions simultaneously."

First thing I thought was amazing my kids can watch Netflix or Xfinity in the back while I am getting directions on the navi.

I got it installed yesterday at a shop. I had to replace my rear camera because the old one wasn't "compatible" that really pissed me off because it cost me an additional $300 to buy and install it. All together with installation I feel like I paid too much $2,300.00. (8000nex, a bunch of modules, rear monitor, and installation) 

My problem is I can't get the Rear Monitor to mirror netflix or anything on the phone, all I get is a black screen. I am hoping someone can tell me what I need to do.

and if I can mirror the rear why do they have an option for me to do so, its the whole reason why I the 8000nex. 

I will try to explain the mirror thing. The rear screens can mirror what is on your head unit, not what is on your phone. the whole dual zone, setup is where you can put on say a dvd, and set the rear screen to play the dvd, while you use the navigation, or other programs. the nex will send video and audio, separately to the rear screens, whereas the kids would have headphones on and listen to their dvd while you listen to music or whatever. The only way to mirror your phone is getting the apple av adapter with hdmi and choose hdmi as the input. It will mirror the sceen on your iphone, you cannot control the phone with the headunit with this setup. Now in the rear settings you have the option for the rear screens to watch dvds, watch videos off say an sdcard, or movies ripped to a solid state drive on usb1, or usb flash drive on usb1, or something off the av input, or mirror  your head unit screen. 

To give you an example, I have 200+ ripped dvds on a 480gb solid state drive in a usb enclosure hooked up to usb2, for the kids to watch. Now when the kids are in the truck, I have play the movie and set rear screen to mirror, The dual zone will not work with usb2. I keep the movies on usb2, leaving usb1 for my iphone, and waiting for firmware update due soon from pioneer to enable carplay. 

you cant mirror netflix or youtube to the rear via hdmi setup. Its not possible. The REAR ENTERTAINMENT only lets you mirror the head unit dvd, sd. you can use USB, SD, or DVD for the rear. You have to remember your Rear dvd player is setup using the AV cables which is RED YELLOW WHITE. The digital signal will not allow it to mirror. Unless your REAR tv has a hdmi input then its a different story. But the nex will not allow you to mirror from HDMI

you cant mirror netflix or youtube to the rear via hdmi setup. Its not possible. The REAR ENTERTAINMENT only lets you mirror the head unit dvd, sd. you can use USB, SD, or DVD for the rear. You have to remember your Rear dvd player is setup using the AV cables which is RED YELLOW WHITE. The digital signal will not allow it to mirror. Unless your REAR tv has a hdmi input then its a different story. But the nex will not allow you to mirror from HDMI

Thank you for your answer, I am very disappointed. I never have been into disc's and never planned on using the rear for anything other than mirroring the iPhone. SMH

All together with installation I feel like I paid too much $2,300.00. (8000nex, a bunch of modules, rear monitor, and installation)

I can't really help you much with the problem you're having, but I'm amazed if this is what the average person is paying for these HU's.  I just purchased mine (off Amazon so I guess no warranty) for <$1,000 and have paid a little over $100 for wiring harnesses (forward harnesses to prevent cutting any OEM wiring) and steering wheel control module.  I won't have any rear monitors, but my install should be less than $1100 all said and done while retaining all aux/USB inputs in my car and adding one additional USB input.  Sorry you spent so much and are having trouble with the features.  Hopefully the unit is able to do what you're wanting.

What kind of rear view camera was that for $300? I guess the majority of cost is probably labor hours but that still seems high.

$2300 for the 8k + modules/harnesses + RSE + install isn't too shocking to me for a retail purchase. But for that amount of money it should work flawlessly for your purposes and the installer should be willing to go above and beyond to get any issues sorted for you. 

What kind of rear view camera was that for $300? I guess the majority of cost is probably labor hours but that still seems high.

$2300 for the 8k + modules/harnesses + RSE + install isn't too shocking to me for a retail purchase. But for that amount of money it should work flawlessly for your purposes and the installer should be willing to go above and beyond to get any issues sorted for you. 

The Camera cost an additional $139 or something like that, he also add the additional labor to install it and remove the older camera. Everything works fine, its just not capable of doing what Pioneer made it seem like it is capable of doing.

Was the older camera aftermarket or OEM? I was able to tie my OEM backup camera into my HU and it still displays on my rear view mirror screen as well. It only cost me about $5 in parts and maybe an hour to figure out how to tap the camera wires and splice an RCA to it. Seems strange that they couldn't use your existing camera. Did they at least let you take your old camera home with you?

Bummer about the mirroring not working as advertised.