AVIC411.com

Maestro rr not recognized on 8000nex

I got my new 8000 nex up and running today and everything works except the steering wheel functionality from the maestro rr. In the system status menu the 8000 says be idatalink is an inrecognized firmware version. I went through the flash process on their web site for my car, selected options and the avic 8000 nex radio.

Anyone else see this when they setup this combo? Would it be worth taking the maestro out and flashing it again?

Ah ok. I knew the firmware update was still coming but was under the impression it would support additional functionality on the maestro rr, but thought the steering wheel controls were already good to go. No problem, I can live without that for now. Thanks!

I have the Maestro RR hooked up to my 8000 NEX on my 2010 Ford Edge and all of the steering wheel controls work fine. Also the sync voice button on the steering wheel works to bring up Siri and control my iPhone via the 8000 NEX mic. This is all done through the analog 1/8" mini plug from the Maestro to the remote input on the back of the 8000. After the upcoming Maestro update, the digital cable can be hooked up from the Maestro to the 4 pin Maestro input on the back of the 8000. This will give enhanced capabilities such as using the built in USB, mic and Sync (for the Ford at least).