AVIC411.com

Tagging to iTunes

I believe that is all you should have to do. Which USB port do you have your iPod connected to when you do the tagging?

Good question.  According to operation manual, for tagging transfer to occur, the user has to set the port to which the iPod will be connected.

I'll admit this isn't a feature I use often, but I just went down to the car to give it a try.

So obviously you have to be connected to USB, and your smartphone setup should have iphone/ipod set as the device on the NEX, and the connection method should be set to USB.

You also have a setting in the NEX settings screen that indicates which USB port the iTunes tags are sent to. That defaults to USB1, though you can change it to USB2 if that is where you plug your iPod in.

If you have it setup and connected you'll see the little tag icon toward the lower right of the screen on the NEX when a song is playing and tag info is retrieved. Tap the artist or song name, and you'll get a little option window that asks what you want to do with it - memo or tag - hit tag.

When you go back to iTunes and sync you should see the tagged playlist show up in your iTunes library - not the device. From there you can click View to find that song in the store.

For reference, I tried with an iPhone 5s on a 8000nex. My iTunes version is 11.3.1

I have my iPod on USB2, which is also how  I have my headunit set to tag to.

One thing ptkdude mentioned is that the 'Tagged' playlist shows up under 'Store' not 'Playlists' like they say. I will check that this evening.

I will also check under the 'Library'.

I'm not certain, but I think where you find that playlist may depend on your version of iTunes, and possibly even if it is on a mac or windows. Here is a screenshot of mine (it's under playlists in my library). Intuitively, it seems like you should see the tagged songs somewhere on the device, but as far as I know that's not the case.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for! Like I said this isn't something I use much, but I did get it to work. It seems like there are definitely some variables in the setup here, so you might have to poke around to find what you are looking for.

post-114796-0-55070000-1409074542_thumb.jpg

The operation manual says tagging function is available for an iPod Classic, no generation specified.  Also listed are Touch 1st-5th, Nano 3rd-6th, and iPhone original-5s.

I use an iPod Classic but have not used tagging, so can't say first hand.

Well well well. Went out to the truck to switch it to USB1. Plugged it in, went to switch it to USB1. Accidently pushed it twice so it went back to USB2. BUT,,,,,,,,,, in the mean time, another lil window popped up and said transfered tags to iPod. Hmmmm wasn't sure what happened so I switched it to USB1, tagged a few songs, came in and plugged in iPod. When it synced up, all of the songs I tagged before were under 'tagged' in the Store. None of  the new songs from tonight were there so they were on USB2.

Long winded, yeah I know but it worked. Not sure how but it did.

I'm not certain, but I think where you find that playlist may depend on your version of iTunes, and possibly even if it is on a mac or windows. Here is a screenshot of mine (it's under playlists in my library). Intuitively, it seems like you should see the tagged songs somewhere on the device, but as far as I know that's not the case.

Hopefully you find what you're looking for! Like I said this isn't something I use much, but I did get it to work. It seems like there are definitely some variables in the setup here, so you might have to poke around to find what you are looking for.

I using an 7000, iPhone 4s and iTunes on a Mac.  My tagged files are in the same place as yours.  It's kind of odd that the playlist is at the top and that it's not visible on the device, but it's there.  I really like the feature and it's easier than Shazzaming a song.