AVIC411.com

No FM/AM just AM noise, FM is dead please help AVICF710

No FM/AM just AM noise, FM is dead please help AVICF710 I bought second hand having meant to have a few faults. They said radio wouldn't tune and no BT. Uk radio I think ( does the right intervals) and am using it in the UK

I figured it would be worth a go and so far its been quite good - everything working including BT just no radio ! I expected this but wondered if I can fix it.

VW brand vehicle (Skoda fabia)

I have isolated that the antenna is fine, was used by my last stereo. The amplifier I just bought also works, I can get better reception with my last Sony

Why do I get no reception at all ? Local is off

The antenna seems to be firmly in.

On AM, I can hear just noise and never any station and it won't scan and find any. It gets noticeably louder when you connect the aerial so seems to be latching.

On FM it generally doesn't have any noise which is suppressed - except once during testing where I was trying connecting and disconnecting aerial. It temporarily got some noise again

I figure it hence must be circuitry but don't know what to do, is it worth repairing or jsut leave without FM and use a DAB stealth box ?

I was also going to just try applying the latest update and maybe dismantling a bit to check no joints look dry or broken ?