AVIC411.com

recommendation on AVH- x6500 DVD

Hey everyone what do you guys think of the AVH-x6500DVD. I am planning on buying it this week and really like the look and the fact that the screen comes out so I don't have to worry about getting it stolen when I leave the car. But other than what do you think of the specs and would it fit well in my 2005 chevy impala. I'm not great with the wiring and all that but I did put in my AVIC U310BT a few years ago so I'm gonna give this a shot. Anyone who currently own the x6500 or previously owned please provide your feedback. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't owned them, but I've installed them. I like them for a flip out. Personally I would stick with a double-din but that's my preference. You'll need a 2x pulse e-brake bypass as you can't run relays or straight grounds with these units (TR7 or they sell micro bypasses on e-bay for like 10-20$.

Anyway it will be a vast improvement over the U310. I'd suggest looking at 7500BT unit as the BT streaming and hands-free is worth it IMO, for a nominal increase in price.