AVIC411.com

AVIC Z150BH & iPhone 5S HELP!!!

I recently updated my AVIC Z150BH to the current software version.  After doing this, I purchased the lightning to USB adapter from a local Apple store and came home excited to set up my system with new features.  

The Bad: I plugged an HDMI cable and USB cable into the back of the system.  On the other end, plugged both of those cables into the Apple Lightning device and then plugged that device into the iPhone 5s.  When I do this, it immediately starts charging but at no point will my "App" logo become pushable when viewing the main screen that shows "Destination" "Phone" or "AV Source".... How do you get this device to work?  ALSO, FYI:  I have the app/radio pioneer app on my phone although, I don't know what that's supposed to do. 

I have plugged this same set up into a TV in the house and my Apple device mirrors to it with no problem, so the cables are in fact good, as they are brand new out of the box.  Am I missing something here? 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.