AVIC411.com

Question about iPOD navigation

Ok, I know it's frowned upon forum etiquette to just post new topics that have been answered before but I did try the search and either my chosen terms suck or it's never been on the table so here goes....

I have one of these units in my truck and im like 85% happy with it. Navigation is decent, apps are neat, etc...however I have a major(though perhaps nitpicky) beef with the ipod controls. So here are my beefs and I'm wondering if there is a solution/update to any of these problems or anyone else agrees or knows of an alternative unit I can replace the pioneer with.

1.) When ipod music is playing it displaying, using I assume the mp3 tags, the artist, album, and song. Pressing one of those takes you to the search menu for that corresponding category. This seems super lame to me. If I press the artist I want to see all songs by that artist or if I press the album I want to see all songs on the album. Is this possible on this unit and if not, is it possible on any other unit?

2.) When searching the system it has the scroll bar, is there a way to enter "keyboard" mode and search that way? by typing using an on screen keyboard like I would during GPS navigation? 

I know these are minor bitchy complaints but I often I have one of those mega ipods with a ton of music and often leave it on random and I wish I could hit the artist or album when a mood sparks me to view/play more from that section. Or when I search do so by typing...I have so much crap music that scrolling takes forever and I inevitably press when i meant to swipe causing it to move to the next level of the menu :(

-Mark

I agree with both of your complaints. I always thought that pressing the Artist name while playing a song should list other songs by that artist. Or pressing the Album should list the songs in that album (or maybe all albums by that artist).

And, if you've got a large song collection on your iPod (hundreds of artists and/or albums) those long lists you currently get are useless for searching - especially while driving.

But, in both cases, the answer is No.

At least, if you know the artist and/or album you want, you can you voice commands you narrow it down.

Lame :( I was really hoping there was something out there. You'd think there would be pretty good money in a unit that specializes in MP3's and their tags, making it easy to find audio while you drive.

I know the appradio thing is close, but to my knowledge it doesn't work with the old school 160gb ipod, just iphones and pads.