AVIC411.com

AVIC-X950BH Speed Pulse Message Removal/Bypass?

I have a 2007 Highlander hybrid....connected my unit to pin 17/yellow  on the second plug from ecu behind glove box, but the gps went all crazy jumping around.....does anyone know for sure where the VSS wire is in this vehicle?

alternative option is to have the Speed Pulse message removed....the freakin thing is blocking the gps top portion of the screen which has the most vital information. any help would be greatly appreciated 

y4ury2ur.jpg

• 4 months later...

I am also having this issue I installed my x950bh and did the bypass everything works great but when I use my navi I get this error message speed pulse disconnected. I didn't connect the Vss wire as I was worried I would not be able to use video after a certain speed. Does the Vss wire being hooked up have any effect on the mute wire bypass?

• 5 years later...

I know this is a very old thread but did anybody figure out how to get rid of the "speed pulse disconnected" message without connecting the speed pulse wire.  I am unable to find the speed pulse wire in my Smart Fortwo.  I'm not sure if it has one.  If anybody knows how to get rid of that message please let me know.  Thank you. 

Ok again I know this a very old thread but for anybody who could not remove the message, "Speed pulse disconnected. Calibration will start, but may be inaccurate without speed pulse" because you could not find the speed pulse wire on your car. I found a way. 

Go to the home screen

Press I

Press System Information

Press 3D Calibration Status

Press Learning

Press Reset All

Then Exit 

You will get the message "Speed pulse wire is not connected.  The system will operate in simple hybrid mode." 

And that message that the Speed pulse disconnected..... will no longer appear over the map.  I tested the navigation and it appears to be working fine.