AVIC411.com

Carplay is officially launched for Ferrari

Ferrari just posted this video.

Their quote under the video states as such. 

"The first FF equipped with the Apple CarPlay system has gone to an Italian client. Deliveries of the Ferraris sporting the innovative integrated Apple technology commenced over the last few days and the cars are now arriving at their final destinations and will hit the road all over the world. In Europe, they are bound for Germany, Great Britain, France and Switzerland while others have been dispatched to the United States and Japan."

I haven't seen Carplay on any other car. It was rumored before that Carplay would come to Ferrari before anyone else. Well ladies and gents. It's out. Carplay is officially in every sense of the word a launched software. Apple isn't holding it anymore. 

Hey Pioneer. Where's my Carplay?

Edit: Ferrari has a press release on the topic. It's linked below.

http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/news-events/news/first-ff-carplay-stays-italy/

There it is: CarPlay is out, it's finished, it's done. Hopefully this means that Apple will now release the update to Pioneer, and Pioneer will get it into the hands of its paying customers.

I'd been telling myself not to expect anything about CarPlay at tomorrow's Apple event, but now I've gotten my hopes up all over again....

Tomorrow it is coming.

I'd be surprised if it got more than a mention. iOS 8 going "gold", the new iPhone, and a new product are already enough to fill 2 hours for Apple at this point. 

Ferrari shipping cars with it enabled tells me two things:

- CarPlay does work correctly with 7.1.2, and there likely aren't lurking bugs on Apple's end of things.

- Pioneer, being responsible for the code running on the NEX... done goofed.

Apple products aren't working correctly with iOS 7.1.2. Through the pioneer Nex units. I hate to inform you with the music playing from my iPhone 5, iPod touch, and ipod classic I get static noises. That is why I want the car play to come out with the firmware where all the bugs will be gone. Pioneer Nex and Apple products will be on the same page with the iOS 8.

Maybe Ferrari had an exclusivity deal to be the first to release Carplay so Apple was holding Pioneer at bay until Ferrari could release it "first"? Who knows... Just like App Radio, it'll probably suck and sound great conceptually but fail miserably in execution. Only time will tell..

-Keith

Apple products aren't working correctly with iOS 7.1.2. Through the pioneer Nex units. I hate to inform you with the music playing from my iPhone 5, iPod touch, and ipod classic I get static noises. That is why I want the car play to come out with the firmware where all the bugs will be gone. Pioneer Nex and Apple products will be on the same page with the iOS 8.

Except, that's not an Apple bug, AFAIK, so iOS 8 won't fix it. CarPlay isn't a fix for the NEX outputting a bad signal, and it isn't present in all installs. I really don't know what this is other than wishful thinking. The reality is that wrt/CarPlay, Apple's been done for a while.

I'm sorry to hear your unit is having issues man, but my unit is working fine with both iOS 7 and iOS 8. I have no static issues.