AVIC411.com

6000NEX and iPod Classic

I've installed my 6000NEX and it works great. I'm having issues with my iPod classic though. I'm using USB1 only to control and play audio. I SWEAR the first time I tried it, it worked. Since I've setup my Bluetooth with my iPhone 5, the iPod no longer works. The NEX recognizes it, and says it's iPod1 ready. And that's it. I cannot play it or control it. I have turned off the Bluetooth and still no go.

The iPod even recognizes it is connected to a car. Under the About screen, it says Car Navigation 1.0

Any thoughts? 

Thanks.

My iPod Classic worked fine on my 6000NEX.  My usual setup is:  iPhone 5 connected via USB1 and Bluetooth.  I have not previously connected either of my iPods (Classic and a square Nano).  I turned off my iPhone before turning on the car.  Once the radio came up to the iPod (no device connected) screen, I plugged in the iPod Classic and it started playing right where it had last left off.  I was not able to control the iPod from the clickwheel; only from the NEX.  I turned the car off.  After powering up the iPhone, I restarted the car.  The NEX began playing the iPod Classic automatically while the NEX also started up the Bluetooth connection.  Once the phone was connected via BT, the iPod was still working fine.  

I'm wondering if maybe there's a setting that's off on yours.

Thank ptkdude. I finally got tired and restored the system and BOOM...it started working. So, it must have been one of the settings. I'll hook up my iPhone via bluetooth tomorrow and confirm it still works. I think that's when things went wrong.

You can control the iPod via the screen, or the is an icon on the right (iPod with a hand) that can switch between the screen and the clickwheel. 

• 3 months later...

HI,

I am about to install my new unit next, can the Ipod Classic be connected to the unit through USB only, or do I need to also connect the 3.5mm jack like in the f920?

Koush

USB only... for audio only.  If you want video also, you'll have to get a A/V "splitter" adapter to connect to one of the video inputs.  Refer to installation manual for more detailed information.  FWIW, connections shown for iPhones apply to iPods also.