AVIC411.com

Apple Keynote

I watched the whole thing, at what point did he use the word "CarPlay"??

At the very very end in a single sentence where he mentioned everything available for iPhone users. He mentioned iOS 8, homekit, iwatch, and Carplay as to why the apple ecosystem is the best ecosystem. 

So because he mentioned things that are not currently out, IOS8, AWATCH, etc... you are going to moan to Pioneer about why CarPlay is not out?  Such children you are..... grow up.

I've said it before that once it's out, you who are moaning that it's not out yet, will also be the ones to moan why it doesn't 'work right'....

So because he mentioned things that are not currently out, IOS8, AWATCH, etc... you are going to moan to Pioneer about why CarPlay is not out? Such children you are..... grow up.

I've said it before that once it's out, you who are moaning that it's not out yet, will also be the ones to moan why it doesn't 'work right'....

Man I tell ya, it's so nice to see others say this stuff. I've simply grown weary of saying it.

So because he mentioned things that are not currently out, IOS8, AWATCH, etc... you are going to moan to Pioneer about why CarPlay is not out?  Such children you are..... grow up.

Right, except that Pioneer promised early summer, then summer, and now in two weeks summer will be over and they have done zero work to belay customer concern on the matter. While it is a lesson learned for me to never again buy a product for promised features that don't yet exist, it still doesn't change that they royally have fubared this mess from a PR standpoint and as such have some very angry customers on their hands. 

As a final point the onus is fully on Pioneer's hands because carplay is a launched product. Every iphone with a lightning port running ios 7.1 or above has carplay inside of it. While it is an expensive car, you can have carplay in Ferrari vehicles, so IMO this whole "we are waiting for the apple go ahead" that Pioneer has been hiding behind is ridiculous. This is where our frustration lies. Pioneer supposedly has a track record of disappointment, but I'm a newer customer of theirs and believe me this is the last product from them that I will be buying. Fool me once. 

Man I tell ya, it's so nice to see others say this stuff. I've simply grown weary of saying it.

Well when Pioneer delays launching updates or worse never repairs glitchy units, and then when updates do come they are just as glitchy but in different ways to the software they are replacing they deserve every angry customer that you sadly have to moderate. 

Treat your customers with respect, and you won't have a problem. Pioneer has treated us like who we have let them turn us into. Suckers. 

The customer service from pioneer is awful. I was trying to explain to them what was going on with my unit last week and they said let me transfer you to someone who can help you in the middle of me talking to them twice. Pioneer better fix the issues they are having or this will be my last time dealing with them.

I'm sure all the people who are still waiting for Avicsync feel exactly the same way. What's the hurry? A year, two years...no problem.

Can we all agree that perhaps advertising the NEX line to have carplay way in advance to carplay being released was a bad idea on Pioneers part? They gambled and to me it seems they lost. I would try to put the blame on apple, but Avicsync not being available leads me to believe that this is more of a Pioneer being unable to deliver issue. 

At this point I'm just hoping that when they finally release Carplay and Avicsync updates they don't decide a few weeks/months later to release an updated line of Carplay compatible units that have better functionality to compete with the immanent Kenwood, Alpine, etc. releases.