AVIC411.com

Apple Keynote

That's my sentiment exactly. I'm disappointed mainly because I dropped a ton of money and it's starting to feel like new head units will be out before we even see the software update. I went with Pioneer for two reasons - CarPlay and AvicSync - neither of which is available, both of which added tremendous influence in my purchasing decision. 

Anyone else think that maybe, just maybe, the delay is because they are working to improve the functionality of Carplay?  perhaps add more features, make it compatible with more apps or make it connect wirelessly?  Thus causing Pioneer to not be able to make any statements about it?  

But in all reality, Pioneer should be saying SOMETHING by now, regardless of the cause.  They know we all want to know what the deal is, but are being negligent by staying silent.  I wouldnt be half as mad if we just got some kind of statement, anything at all from Pioneer about Carplay.

The fact that a version of CarPlay is now out there--on Ferrari vehicles--suggests to me that the problem has to be on Pioneer's end and has nothing to do with added features, wireless function, etc. CarPlay is out. It's been released. But for some reason, Pioneer can't provide it to us. I'd just like to know why.

I installed the GM last night. As soon as I did 4 apps updated. Also, the podcast app is now on the home screen, which tells me that Apple wanted that app loaded on phones in time for Carplay. I would count on a bevy of app updates in the next week until the public release of iOS 8. Guessing one more week until we see anything at a minimum.