AVIC411.com

Light at the end of the tunnel

If that's their timeframe, I'd say there's a very good chance they beat Pioneer to market. Pioneer's silence right now, so close to the end-of-summer date, speaks volumes.

They are probably desperately scrambling like a teenager the night before a final to correct whatever is still wrong with the firmware, but something tells me that comes September 23rd we will get an apology letter just like what people waiting for avicsync got.

Thank you for the very well written article. At least it is good to hear that apple made them hold off because pioneer was originally going to ship the same buggy product they always do and apple didn't allow it.

They deserve every bit of bad press. Apple never promised summer. It was clear to alpine it would take till fall to launch CarPlay right.

Once the other head unit launches I will be very interested to see how it compares to the everything and the kitchen sink NEX line.

Thank you for the very well written article. At least it is good to hear that apple made them hold off because pioneer was originally going to ship the same buggy product they always do and apple didn't allow it.

They deserve every bit of bad press. Apple never promised summer. It was clear to alpine it would take till fall to launch CarPlay right.

Once the other head unit launches I will be very interested to see how it compares to the everything and the kitchen sink NEX line.

I'd like to see what the Alpine unit will have (if anything) in terms of manageable audio settings such as time alignment and EQ. Despite all the flaws of the App mode on my NEX4000, I do very much enjoy the sound quality I'm able to achieve with those settings.