AVIC411.com

iOS8 Update issues...

Sooo, upgraded iPhone 5 to iOS8, now I can no longer control playback from my 4000NEX.  I can still browse and select playlists and files just fine, but it says "pause" under the track progress bar on the NEX's screen.  Never seen that before.  Have to press play on the iPhone.  Anyone else having this or other issues after installing iOS8? 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had over 20 apps update on my phone in the last day and I have been running the GM for over a week. Keeping fingers crossed that once all these apps are updating we see something. Otherwise, I'm just thinking Carplay has been shelved for awhile. 

The GM is the same as what was released yesterday. 

After upgrading to iOS 8 on my iPhone 4S I completely lost the ability to use handsfree phone over the bluetooth on my 7000NEX - it lost the connection many times, made the call on the handset but never put the audio through the speakers without showing the phone controls on the 7000NEX - also the push to talk feature became unreliable and the new "hey Siri" feature doesn't trigger the handsfree mode on the 7000NEX (only on the iPhone).  I'm not sure if these issues are a result of the iPhone or the 7000NEX or both.  I'll know more tomorrow when my iPhone 6 Plus arrives - I'll try again with the 7000NEX and see what happens.  I'll also give the iPhone 6 Plus and 8000NEX a try and report back.  I'm switching from 7000NEX to 8000NEX because the screen glare on the 7000NEX is horrendous the screen is completely balcked out by the sun much of the time......

After upgrading to iOS 8 on my iPhone 4S I completely lost the ability to use handsfree phone over the bluetooth on my 7000NEX - it lost the connection many times, made the call on the handset but never put the audio through the speakers without showing the phone controls on the 7000NEX - also the push to talk feature became unreliable and the new "hey Siri" feature doesn't trigger the handsfree mode on the 7000NEX (only on the iPhone).  I'm not sure if these issues are a result of the iPhone or the 7000NEX or both.  I'll know more tomorrow when my iPhone 6 Plus arrives - I'll try again with the 7000NEX and see what happens.  I'll also give the iPhone 6 Plus and 8000NEX a try and report back.  I'm switching from 7000NEX to 8000NEX because the screen glare on the 7000NEX is horrendous the screen is completely balcked out by the sun much of the time......

That is EXACTLY what is happening with my iPhone 4s and 7000NEX.  Everything worked normally the day before but after the upgrade it's pretty much toast.  Sometimes when I turn everything on and on again it will work for a bit but it dies shortly thereafter.  Honestly I don't expect my difference with the 6 Plus but who knows.  Kind of annoying though because I use the hands free and play music through my iPhone most of the time.  Hope a firmware upgrade comes out soon smooth all of this out.