AVIC411.com

Forgotten password for AVIC-x8610BS

I apparently set a password that the hint is not helping me remember and I really do not want to have to uninstall and send to Pioneer just to have it reset. Is there a way to do this without having to uninstall my stereo? I have no clue how to uninstall or install a stereo so it would cost me an arm and a leg to send it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated... PS I did not steal the stereo it was installed in my new Jeep...

• 3 months later...

The password will not clear with a factory reset. It is encrypted and stored in the system's flash memory. Once set, it can not be recovered without replacing the flash. The whole point of the password is to make the unit 100% useless to help prevent theft. If there was a way around it, and you could simply post of a message board to find that, it would defeat the purpose of the password to start with.  

Unfortunately, you will need to send it in to pioneer, where they will verify the serial number with the original owner. If the registered owner has not reported it stolen, and your name matches that name, they will replace the flash and send it back.  If not... well, I'm sure you can guess what happens then.

Oh, this is also why they have you put in a 'hint' when you set the password.