AVIC411.com

8000NEX - Had to run through the setup wizard again...

I've had my 8000NEX since late June. Aside from one instance of the dreaded "GPS positioning not possible" issue soon after install, everything has been peachy except a few crackles here and there.

Today, after I dropped my kids off at school, I decided to switch to map view. It churned for a few seconds, which was odd since I'd been driving for a few minutes, and then it ran me through the initial configuration wizard. After I completed it, I found that some settings had reverted to the default - the audible speed limit warning and the nav volume, at the very least.

Everything else I checked seemed to have been retained - all of my saved places, the particular type of map I'd switched to, the motion bypass was still working, my phone was still paired via BT, my SiriusXM presets were all there, the theme and custom splash screen were still the same, and so forth. I ran the nav from the kids' school to home when I picked them up, and it seemed to work fine.

Any idea what would cause such a thing? Should I start to worry? I have a SquareTrade warranty on it (I didn't buy it from an authorized reseller, so I wanted to make sure I had coverage in case something happened), so I wouldn't be totally SOL in the event of a catastrophic issue, but obviously my hope is that this is just a weird, isolated incident.

Yeah, that combined with the nav volume (I have it set at 3% because my factory amp makes it EAR-SHATTERINGLY LOUD at 100%) almost made me drive off the road. :)

Ahhh I was having the same problem and wondered why I had to set my guidance vol at ~3%... I also have an OEM amp that the NEX is plugged into. Makes sense. Are you getting the popping noise problem with the guidance? I muted mine completely because it sounds like a rock just hit my windshield every time the nav voice comes on.

Also, yesterday all of my "favorite" and "history" destinations cleared out! This time no setup wizard glitch... they were just gone all the sudden :sad:. My home location is still programmed though.