AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoooo Hoooo!!!!!! Finally! AND SUPPORT FOR iPHONE 6!!! 

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/02/pioneer-carplay-now-available/?utm_source=osx&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=front

Firmware Update (version 1.06) for AVIC-8000NEX Receiver

October 2, 2014

Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:

We would like to inform you of the availability of a firmware update (version 1.06) for the Pioneer AVIC- 8000NEX in-dash receiver. This firmware update should be applied only to AVIC-8000NEX units sold in the United States and Canada and provides additional features to these models.

This firmware update (version 1.06) contains the following improvements:

• ï‚·  Apple CarPlayTM support for iPhone® 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5

• ï‚·  iTunes® Radio support for iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5

• ï‚·  Support for MPEG-2 playback

• ï‚·  Rear view camera feature support

NOTE: A LightningTM to USB cable (sold separately) is required to connect the iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, or iPhone 5 to the Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX to access Apple CarPlay.

In order to perform this update, the following items are needed:

• ï‚·  Pioneer in-Dash Navigation unit: AVIC-8000NEX

• ï‚·  One of the following storage devices with at least 2 GB of storage capacity:

- USB storage device

- SD card

After installation of the update, you will now be able to access Apple CarPlay directly from the home screen of the AVIC-8000NEX receiver. Apple CarPlay is only available on iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5 devices running iOS 7.1 or later.

If the vehicle is equipped with an aftermarket back-up camera, you will now be able to turn on the Rear View function of your AVIC-8000NEX instantly by pressing and holding the MAP button on your compatible receiver.

Steps to install the firmware are attached. Installation of the update should take no more than ten minutes to complete.

How to Obtain the Free Firmware Update:

1. Download the firmware update files to a computer from the Pioneer website:

pioneerelectronics.com/firmware

2. Transfer the files to an SD memory card or USB storage device for insertion into the AVIC-8000NEX

It works! It works! It works! USB1 only! Upgrade took 7min. First it reads the card or USB. Need to do "Smartphone Setup" USB. Also enables "night mode" on NEX maps.

Notes: Bluetooth terminates call in progress if plugged in during conversation. Bluetooth audio streaming is not available when plugged is as before. NEX route guidance is terminated when CarPlay guidance is enabled. I held off on upgrading my iPhone5 from 7.1 to iOS 8. I would love for someone else to be the ginnie pig on that.

post-5735-0-50081300-1412234519_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-16890600-1412234505_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-24206300-1412234488_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-55187200-1412234487_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-01745700-1412234263_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-20831000-1412234286_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-55809100-1412234300_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-22823400-1412234313_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know if it is possible to flash this firmware on a European unit? (I have a AVH-X8600BT which is just a renamed AVIC-4000NEX).

--- Update ----

Sorry, forget my question, I've just seen, that the document says US/Canadian units only :?

I would imagine so. The manual I downloaded was in many languages including French.

Does anybody know if it is possible to flash this firmware on a European unit? (I have a AVH-X8600BT which is just a renamed AVIC-4000NEX).

--- Update ----

Sorry, forget my question, I've just seen, that the document says US/Canadian units only :?

Yes, don't update your unit. Radio frequencies are not the same between US and EU units. I hope they release the EU firmware soon ...

Does spotify work ? Does it work with IOS8 ? Is it stable ?

Carplay did not disappoint. It's exactly like the videos I saw, it reads directions from my texts, it is just plain awesome! I can't wait for the supported apps to have all their updates so I can control my Beats app in my car!

And I hope apple in the future opens the app space up to more developers and allows stuff like waze to run on carplay. This is everything Appradio wishes it could have been. 

Aargh! I have to wait until I'm home from work to install it! I'm so looking forward to this. Can't wait to see what it can really do.

Don't rush, the Pioneer site appears to be down or at least very, very, very slow.  They seem not to have planned for the onslaught of traffic . . . surprise surprise.