AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

I have been painstakingly trying to download the 5000, 6000, 7000 firmware for the last two hours now.  If it ever does complete, I will at the very least upload it to a torrent site which should help much better than a simple FTP server.  

Thanks to all of the feedback from all of you that have managed to get this downloaded and installed already.  I know that we have all been itching to get our hands on this for quite some time.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a weird small issue, when on the main CarPlay screen on my 4000nex it doesn't properly space the app icons on the screen. They are squished to the left. And when I try switching the CarPlay settings on the radio to right hand drive it still keeps everything squished to the left and just updates the position of the home button. All apps when open use the full screen. Anyone else have this issue?

Used for a little while - not a fan honestly. Maps isn't great, and Spotify doesn't work correctly either. It seems to play whatever it feels like playing and won't let me select a new playlist. My steering wheel controls work fine and let me skip next or go back but that's about it.. Anyone else having spotify issues? I'm running iOS 8.0.2 and the newest version of Spotify as of today.

I have been painstakingly trying to download the 5000, 6000, 7000 firmware for the last two hours now.  If it ever does complete, I will at the very least upload it to a torrent site which should help much better than a simple FTP server.  

Thanks to all of the feedback from all of you that have managed to get this downloaded and installed already.  I know that we have all been itching to get our hands on this for quite some time.

I had 11 minutes left to go when the download bombed.  I attempted to resume but the download started from the beginning again.  Looks like another 2 hours to go, at least.

I have a weird small issue, when on the main CarPlay screen on my 4000nex it doesn't properly space the app icons on the screen. They are squished to the left. And when I try switching the CarPlay settings on the radio to right hand drive it still keeps everything squished to the left and just updates the position of the home button. All apps when open use the full screen. Anyone else have this issue?

Restart your iPhone, and possibly your car.  This happened to me once, and doing this worked.