AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where this should go, so move if you feel it's necessary.

Simply put, practically unusable for me on 6000NEX, iPhone 6 on IOS 8.1. I'm going to update to 1.08 as soon as I get a spare 20 minutes (my days are indeed that packed this month, working 8-11 plus an hour commute each way. Briefly, here's a recording of my situation almost every time, recorded on my drive home - I pulled over (again) and recorded me trying to play either a podcast or spotify for 12 mins before I got it working.

Admittedly I'm on the .06 update. If you see me doing something wrong or outrageous here call me on it so I know what to avoid (although "start everything on the phone" isn't the answer I am really seeking for my glorious hands-free unit...)

Apologize for shaky cam, this was an unplanned recording.

Does 1.08 help with any of this?

If the 1.08 update doesn't fix these problems, try replacing the Lightning cable, they can go bad.

CarPlay is just displaying what iOS sends it, so a bad cable can cause problems with stuff like CarPlay.

Just completed my wiring harness and did a test with CarPlay on my appradio 4.

My parking wire is currently not connected to anything because I'm waiting for my microbypass to arrive.

My problem is that the keyboard icon does not appear when trying to search for a destination in maps.

Siri pops up asking me for a destination but there's no keyboard icon on the top right hand side.

Are you guys able to confirm if the keyboard icon appears for you guys? Or is anyone who doesn't have a bypass(I know this is probably rare) or has a switch bypass able to confirm if the keyboard icon is disabled if the headunit thinks you are "driving".

JJ. If you're asking about the keyboard in Apple Maps, here's now to activate it. Open "Maps", "Destinations" and then press the "Magnifying Glass" icon. The keyboard icon then appears on the upper right corner.

Yeah, i'm referring to the keyboard function in Maps when using CarPlay.  When i tested it, i did not have the keyboard icon on the screenshot shown below...

All i had was Siri waiting for my command and a Cancel button.

maps-search-location.png?w=1500&h=&crop=

OK, I can confirm that you have to be "parked" to have the keyboard icon enabled in CarPlay.

CarPlay seems to think you are parked if you ground the parking wire on the unit. You don't need the double pulse. My Appradio 4 is the US model.

Have you tested this bypass while moving? In the past the unit would eventually lock you out after some time if you just ground the wire.

• 4 weeks later...