AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

The updates are model specific... If you find it hosted somewhere, make sure you download the correct update for your NEX model! That said, I found it odd that the zip file for the 8000 correctly says 8000, but the folder inside the uncompressed folder says it is for the 5000! Threw me off at first, but Pioneer's install instructions say this also. Anyway, I can verify that it DOES work with the 8000!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Dropbox has shutdown the links due to excessive traffic...Sorry!

Here is the 1.06 (CarPlay) update file for the 8000NEX ONLY!!! DO NOT use it with any other model of NEX!!! READ and FOLLOW the instructions (also linked below). I don't want to be held responsible for anyone bricking their units!

Also, I ask that no one on this forum shares the link... let's keep it to this community of enthusiests. I don't want my Dropbox account being shut down due to high traffic! :-)

Mods, if posting this link violates any forum polices, let me know and I will remove it.

UPDATE: Dropbox has shutdown the links due to excessive traffic... Sorry!

So after the update, using USB1, cant get the CarPlay icon to show.  The phone pops up with the CarPlay logo, the radio shows a brief message saying "attempting to connect to Apple CarPlay" then goes away and I never get access to CarPlay. Settings under SmartPhone are set to USB and Carplay is enabled.  What am I doing wrong?  NEX5000.  Not using the VGA adapter obviously.

WOW!!! Mine took all of 5-10 minutes! No issues at all! What unit and what iPhone do you have? Was there anything else on the USB drive or SD card that you used? Did you copy ONLY the folder within the parent folder to the drive?

I can tell you mine will take at least an hour at the current pace. I have a 4000. My mistake is the hdd I used (slow, old) -- but it's all I have as I have my other storage at my office.

WOW!!! Mine took all of 5-10 minutes!  No issues at all!  What unit and what iPhone do you have?  Was there anything else on the USB drive or SD card that you used?  Did you copy ONLY the folder within the parent folder to the drive?

Thanks for your help.

Unit : F860BT (= 5000NEX)

iPhone : 5s ios 8.0.2

Was there anything else on the USB drive or SD card that you used? No.

Did you copy ONLY the folder within the parent folder to the drive? Yes.

Maybe there is a bug on this unit only ... because AppRadio is deactivated on this unit. If they replace AppRadio by Apple Car Play, I can't use it because they don't test the feature on every units ...