AVIC411.com

CarPlay !!! (Reviews, ...)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaaaand pioneer's website has crashed...  this is probably lucky for me so I don't attempt to rush-install it before I go to work.  Anyone else able to get into their site recently?

Yeah, I'm trying to download it here at work and the download failed 50% into it. Guess I should have figured this wouldn't be easy....

Can anyone post the files for the 4000?

So after the update, using USB1, cant get the CarPlay icon to show. The phone pops up with the CarPlay logo, the radio shows a brief message saying "attempting to connect to Apple CarPlay" then goes away and I never get access to CarPlay. Settings under SmartPhone are set to USB and Carplay is enabled. What am I doing wrong? NEX5000. Not using the VGA adapter obviously.

Just a thought... Have you tried restarting the car and rebooting your iPhone?

Here's the link to the downloads, includes the PDFs.  I'll leave it for a couple of days.

I'm really happy with this update.  I can't believe just how smoothly that went.  The update was really quick on my unit—I don't know if this is because it was a 4000, or because I used a fast SD card, but either way, took less than 10 minutes from start-to-finish.  it even remembered my custom backgrounds for startup and the home screen.

CarPlay is really smooth.  Everything I tested worked better than I expected.  One of the weird things is switching apps on the phone switches the radio, and vice-versa.  The only real negative to that is you can't be replying to a message (when parked) and have the music on the screen at the same time.

Except, you can still use the traditional USB1/iPod 1 interface, simply by choosing it from the home screen on the NEX or tapping mode to switch (with a really nice animation).

yeah, did that first. something is odd about it since it wont even show up.  I'll try and remove and re-add the phone to see what happen

did it again and it worked.  I dont see other apps like Sticher or Pandora on the screen, not sure whats up with that but the rest works.  On the Music app, does Album Art show for anyone?  I'm thinking it is possibly there but extremely dim that it cant be seen in the sunlight.

Yes, the artwork is there, but it's pretty much pointless.  Unless the cover art is bright colors, it just disappears.

I don't know why Apple would have gone that route, since they have the artwork front-and-center on the phone.  However, I like the fact that I can actually see the whole Artist/Song/Album title, and the screen isn't cluttered with genre and other stuff.

yeah, did that first. something is odd about it since it wont even show up. I'll try and remove and re-add the phone to see what happen

did it again and it worked. I dont see other apps like Sticher or Pandora on the screen, not sure whats up with that but the rest works. On the Music app, does Album Art show for anyone? I'm thinking it is possibly there but extremely dim that it cant be seen in the sunlight.

Pandora does not officially support CarPlay, but the built-in NEX Pandora app should still function. Once it is playing, the "Now Playing" icon in CarPlay shows what Pandora is playing and can be used for basic controls.

Album art is there on mine, but it is VERY dim and the top and bottom of the artwork is cropped since the art is stretched to fit the horizontal width of the screen.